Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lens Cover Protector

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    NewJersey_Joe
    25 Nov 2012 - 1:09 PM

Hello All! Just treated myself to the Olympus SP-720UZ Camera. I'd like to purchase a lens cover to protect the lens, However I'm not quite sure what size cover to purchase...I purchased a 55mm and was too large...I thought they were all a standard size.....Any one out there familiar with this camera???? Any feed back would be appreciated..Thanks & Happy Holidays!
    Joe....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Nov 2012 - 1:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

edtaylor
    edtaylor  3104 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Nov 2012 - 2:38 PM

Could it be 49m/m. But I have just looked on the internet, and the photo I saw of the camera, It looked like there was no thread to attatch the screw on filter. Say a u/v filter. Is there a thread on the end of the lens?.

paulcookphotography

There isn't a thread on the lens, so you would be unable to attach a standard screw on filter

NewJersey_Joe
    25 Nov 2012 - 3:39 PM

Thank you for your response......You are correct, I thought there was a thread..... there is no thread, So I guess I'll have to be very careful.......I'm not happy about this......Thank you again!!
    Joe...

edtaylor
    edtaylor  3104 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Nov 2012 - 4:24 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong. But I thought I got a glimpse of some form of filering that the camera can do. I don,t know if this is what you were after. I did not read up on it all.

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41207 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2012 - 6:48 PM

Maybe take it to a camera shop and see if anything fits appropriately?

Nick

User_Removed
    25 Nov 2012 - 10:27 PM

Most cameras either come with a lens cap to protect the lens - or in the case of some compacts, the lens retracts when the camera is switched off.

paulcookphotography

It does come with a lens cap that you can leash to the strap. However, when the cap is off (and even when the camera is switched off) the front of the lens is very vulnerable as there is little or no recess on the lens barrel

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.