Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Lens Cover Protector

25 Nov 2012 1:09PM
Hello All! Just treated myself to the Olympus SP-720UZ Camera. I'd like to purchase a lens cover to protect the lens, However I'm not quite sure what size cover to purchase...I purchased a 55mm and was too large...I thought they were all a standard size.....Any one out there familiar with this camera???? Any feed back would be appreciated..Thanks & Happy Holidays!
Joe....

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

edtaylor 3 104 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2012 2:38PM
Could it be 49m/m. But I have just looked on the internet, and the photo I saw of the camera, It looked like there was no thread to attatch the screw on filter. Say a u/v filter. Is there a thread on the end of the lens?.
25 Nov 2012 2:50PM
There isn't a thread on the lens, so you would be unable to attach a standard screw on filter
25 Nov 2012 3:39PM
Thank you for your response......You are correct, I thought there was a thread..... there is no thread, So I guess I'll have to be very careful.......I'm not happy about this......Thank you again!!
Joe...
edtaylor 3 104 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2012 4:24PM
Forgive me if I am wrong. But I thought I got a glimpse of some form of filering that the camera can do. I don,t know if this is what you were after. I did not read up on it all.
Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2012 6:48PM
Maybe take it to a camera shop and see if anything fits appropriately?

Nick
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
25 Nov 2012 10:27PM
Most cameras either come with a lens cap to protect the lens - or in the case of some compacts, the lens retracts when the camera is switched off.
26 Nov 2012 11:23AM
It does come with a lens cap that you can leash to the strap. However, when the cap is off (and even when the camera is switched off) the front of the lens is very vulnerable as there is little or no recess on the lens barrel

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.