Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lens hood for the X10

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96038 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2012 - 5:26 PM

Thanks for that Peter - I did figure out your link but then wandered off to play - well that's what long weekends are for. Shall take a closer look at that and the other goodies on the site later!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Jan 2012 - 5:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315244 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2012 - 2:05 PM

Alison did you once say you had a bulb air release knocking around somewhere, I could just imagine you doing a balancing act wearing high heals trying not to fall over while doing a self portrait Smile

Peter I found this review on the JJC hood and adapter I`m using.

http://www.fujixseries.com/discussion/744/fuji-x10-jjc-lens-hood-lh-x10-clone-re...

And another on a thumb grip, any street shooters here that have ever used them in the past, these are nothing new.

http://www.fujixseries.com/discussion/725/horusbennu-tg-1-fuji-x100-x10-thumb-gr...

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 4 Jan 2012 - 2:06 PM
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96038 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2012 - 2:12 PM

Indeed i do have a bulb air release though it's not the most reliable bit of kit Smile I'll stick to my A350 for the self portraits - I have a nice wireless remote for that although I did find out (and it makes sense) that it doesn't work through my ducting Smile

I've yet to investigate goodies for the X10 - the evenings are going by far too quickly to get much done at all Sad

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315244 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2012 - 2:22 PM

Quote: I've yet to investigate goodies for the X10 - the evenings are going by far too quickly to get much done at all

I`ve been enjoying a few days off, but working 3 double shifts, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, there going to hit me with a vengance Sad

Money`s tight and I`m not exactly rolling in dosh, I`ve been debating the pro`s and cons of getting a cheap IR filter over a dear one just to test out Smile

cattyal
4 Jan 2012 - 2:27 PM

I must rummage through my filter box - I know I've got a small R72 knocking about somewhere - just not sure where Smile I'll add that to the list of things to do tonight!

Paul Morgan
4 Jan 2012 - 2:43 PM

Yes me as well, I`m sure I have an old 52mm polariser somewhere Smile

last ten
last ten  10416 forum posts Isle Of Man
5 Jan 2012 - 5:49 PM

Thanks Paul for pointing us to that review, I will definitely get an 52mm adaptor for the X10 but I am struggling with where to get a non Fuji branded one, the company I mentioned previous (Suntekstore) gets all their orders from Hong Kong and after doing a bit of research their are a number of unhappy customers!

Ebay are a bit up and down, so I will just have to be patient Smile

Paul Morgan
5 Jan 2012 - 8:22 PM

At the mo Ebay looks the only option.

cattyal
6 Jan 2012 - 8:28 AM

I ordered one via ebay last night - from a supplier that I've used before so I'm confident it'll be just fine.

However looking through my filter box I see that most of my spares are 55mm - just 3mm out!

Paul Morgan
6 Jan 2012 - 5:06 PM

I had a dig around and I found the old 52mm polariser filter I thought I had Smile

Quote: However looking through my filter box I see that most of my spares are 55mm - just 3mm out!

Have you a spare 55mm lens hood, preferably designed for a wide angle lens Alison, a step up ring could be the way to go, but only if you disparately want to use those filters.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Quality-52mm-55mm-STEP/dp/B0058U68A8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=...

mikehit
mikehit  56350 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2012 - 5:21 PM

Has anyone seen these nifty lens caps? Useulf if you get fed up of using the standard one. It opens like

http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/13362725/jjc-self-retaining-auto-lens

Paul Morgan
6 Jan 2012 - 5:23 PM

There probably fine if your not going to use filters.

cattyal
6 Jan 2012 - 8:40 PM

Quote: I had a dig around and I found the old 52mm polariser filter I thought I had Smile

However looking through my filter box I see that most of my spares are 55mm - just 3mm out!

Have you a spare 55mm lens hood, preferably designed for a wide angle lens Alison, a step up ring could be the way to go, but only if you disparately want to use those filters.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Quality-52mm-55mm-STEP/dp/B0058U68A8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325869313&sr=8-3

Yep - I've got a step-up ring so that's sorted. I must just go through my box and see what's there - I know there's a 55mm R72 amongst them, plus a circular polariser and maybe a few ND filters too......

last ten
7 Jan 2012 - 1:17 PM

Quote: At the mo Ebay looks the only option.

Cheers Paul ordered a filter adaptor via ebay, will let you know what its like when it comes.

last ten
10 Jan 2012 - 10:28 PM

Got my filter adaptor from ebay, a beautiful piece of engineering at a reasonable price Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.