Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lens hood for the X10

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96056 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 10:31 PM

I got mine as well today - had a quick play with the R72 filter up at the park at lunchtime - BLOG and shall try to play some more another day Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jan 2012 - 10:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

last ten
last ten  10416 forum posts Isle Of Man
10 Jan 2012 - 10:37 PM

Nice one, I just need time, my days are just flying by and that stupid work thing gets in the way!!!

Never mind, come June I am eligible to retire when I hit my 50th.....YIKES!!!!!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2012 - 9:08 PM

I'm so tempted but keep holding off of buying the X10. Perhaps some of you experienced users could make some comments.

1. I was playing around with it in Jessops, for about the millionth time!!!, but it seems that in Av you can't see the shutter speed in the display. Is that right, or is there a setting where you can see the speed when using AV?

2. The small wheel used to change the aperture was very loose and easy to change by accident. Is it the same on all models or perhaps it migh have just loosened on the shop display model?

3. I found it very quick to focus and so quiet, excellent, but it sometimes missed focussing. Any comments?

4. I wear specs and found using the eyepiece quite difficult to see through. I suppose I wouldn't use the eyepiece much but it's still a niggle.

5. Seems to have settled at about 425. Still expensive, but if I could get over the above I'd snap it up. Excellent for street work.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on how you are using your X10 and any drawbacks or not you've found.

Thanks,
Chris

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2012 - 9:28 PM

Chris the shutter speed is displayed on my screen when in AV mode, its just to the left of the displayed aperture.

On my X10 the dial is easy to turn but its not to loose.

Focusing is fast and nifty, just double checked it in a dimly lit room with no problems.

I use specs for distance and reading and I can`t see this as a problem for me.

The new price I think is pretty good, its not a lot dearer than other premium compacts.

Quote: I'd really appreciate some feedback on how you are using your X10 and any drawbacks or not you've found

Its been good so far, I`ve found you can not use flash when in super macro mode, not even an external unit off camera, but its not a huge problem.

Maybe the unit in the shop is not carrying the latest firmware, and its been heavily played with.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2012 - 10:09 PM

Quote: the shutter speed is displayed on my screen when in AV mode, its just to the left of the displayed aperture.

OK. I couldn't see it in the shop model but perhaps it wasn't set up to show it or something.

Quote: Its been good so far, I`ve found you can not use flash when in super macro mode, not even an external unit off camera, but its not a huge problem.
Maybe the unit in the shop is not carrying the latest firmware, and its been heavily played with.

I wouldn't think you'd need flash with super macro mode though. It seemed terrific in the shop without anyway. And you're probably right about the dial. I can imagine it gets played about with quite a bit. I've been to the shop about 6 times now. I suspect they think I'm just an X10 junkie and just go to sniff it. Grin

Another couple of months and I've got a birthday so I reckon going halves I might just go for it. I really really want one but I've got so much stuff already. But then, it is so quick and quiet..........Wink

Thanks mate.
Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2012 - 11:07 PM

Quote: I wouldn't think you'd need flash with super macro mode though

In most cases no, its just a very minor niggle Smile

KO
KO  2 Norway
12 Jul 2012 - 9:11 PM

Hello from Norway...Nice Picture Paul Morgan, i got 2 Soft Buttons, small and large from china from jiakgong China.Price about 1,2 punds thats cheap.I have some picture of the buttons...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.