Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lens malfunction on Canon ef 24 to 105 L USM IS

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CHRISB911
    CHRISB911  854 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jun 2012 - 9:21 AM

Having a problem with this lens i am using this on the 40d, also my other lenses are working on the 40d body with no problem, have tried the lens on by 20d body and works pefectly normal, have cleaned all contacts, it did work for a few minutes last night, but alas not today. Still all other lenses are functioning on the 40 d, not sure where to go with this, anyone on here know where canon service centres are located or might know how to resolve this
    thanks chris

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Jun 2012 - 9:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 10474 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jun 2012 - 9:52 AM

I fear it may be a linkage inside the lens. It happened to mine and othes with that lens have reported the same Error. I had mine repaired in Newcastle for 120.00

ikett
    ikett  4352 forum posts England
    17 Jun 2012 - 12:07 PM

Sorry about the problem, approved repairers here. Usually very good.

Last Modified By ikett at 17 Jun 2012 - 12:07 PM
    ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jun 2012 - 12:12 PM

I've had 100% failure rate on this lens... i.e. both of mine broke electronically...

not a happy bunny

but it is good whilst it works.

classcams
    classcams  5117 forum posts
    18 Jun 2012 - 7:13 AM

Another electronic weakness

strawman
    strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jun 2012 - 12:53 PM

Quote: Another electronic weakness

what if as some suggest it is a mechanical component that fails is that another mechanical weakness. You really need to get over it. Cameras are things, things break, its life.

Unfortunately your computer looks to be reliable enough for you to trot out your standard statement. Let us know when your mechanical flash is working reliably. The pyrotechnic based ones certainly look fun, but flash synch speed looks problematic.

Of course you are correct and all the companies who know what they are doing and have found electronic solutions to be more reliable are in a conspiracy.

Still thanks for making me laugh Grin

Last Modified By strawman at 18 Jun 2012 - 12:59 PM
    strawman
    18 Jun 2012 - 1:03 PM

To the OP sorry to hear of your problems good luck with getting it fixed.

classcams
    classcams  5117 forum posts
    19 Jun 2012 - 7:36 AM

Quote: Another electronic weakness what if as some suggest it is a mechanical component that fails is that another mechanical weakness. You really need to get over it. Cameras are things, things break, its life.

Unfortunately your computer looks to be reliable enough for you to trot out your standard statement. Let us know when your mechanical flash is working reliably. The pyrotechnic based ones certainly look fun, but flash synch speed looks problematic.

Of course you are correct and all the companies who know what they are doing and have found electronic solutions to be more reliable are in a conspiracy.

Still thanks for making me laugh Grin

Hi man of straw. You offend very easily. Cannot you see I am a WUM. The whole of the photographic industry is a blatent rip off, from printer ink downwards. Just look at the number of printers Epson have designed, It all costs a lorra money. Designers don`t come cheap.

strawman
    19 Jun 2012 - 11:14 PM

Quote: Cannot you see I am a WUM

No because if you were I would not be laughing at your post. You need a bit more insight for your desired aim. you just come across as being confused. Sorry.

Yup designers cost money so why do they do it? Or alternatively what happens to the companies who do not make new products. Its good to have change, without innovators like Leica the camera would not have advanced. What is sad is to see Leica go from a market leader and innovator to the clinging on by its fingernails company it is. I hope they take a look at the approach of companies like Morgan and form a parallel business model.

It would be sad to see them go the way of another formal innovator Kodak who also forgot the need to adapt and change.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.