Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lenses old and new - Can you tell the difference ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315403 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Apr 2013 - 12:05 AM

Red band, series 2 maybe.

These are the two I use, I just love charity shops, I got these for 5 each Smile

Vivitar Series 1 19mm

Vivitar Series 1 200mm

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 17 Apr 2013 - 12:08 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Apr 2013 - 12:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

waineswitch
17 Apr 2013 - 9:37 AM

hmm.....I bought two adapters some time back for my old Carl Zeiss 50mm Practika lens, but never occured to me to put them on the 35mm, one to use as a reversing ring for macro, and one to attach it to my Nikon DSLR, to use as a 1.8 50mm prime. Never got round to using it much , and always assumed it's not in the same class as the Nikon of the same ilk, but now a bit more inspired to try it and see how it compares.
Dorothy

annettep38
annettep38 e2 Member 3186 forum postsannettep38 vcard France32 Constructive Critique Points
17 Apr 2013 - 9:49 PM

I love your comparison.
Yes, I love to use my 55 1.2 from 1976 it is the very best night lens Smile and produces some wonderful daytime bokeh
cat-a-bix-1.jpgcat-a-bix-2.jpg
the other old one I love dearly is a 300 2.8 Tamron, I'd never sell it it has a bit of a diffuse touch if you want but it is also very sharp at the same time. hard to describe but you might find it in my flower images.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64445 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
18 Apr 2013 - 2:33 PM

My fave lens is my old Canon EF 28-105mm, my first zoom lens when I bought my first SLR, the EOS5. It works equally well on digicams and it looks good and performs perfectly. I'd trade in all my other lenses before I got rid of this one.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.