Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Letting others know about Ephotozine

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MrGoatsmilk
8 May 2012 - 8:48 AM

I quite often when speaking to others who have an interest in photography mention Ephotozine and my username, I tell them about the site and how useful it is.

Yesterday I mentioned the site to someone whilst buying camera gear from them, and last month I got chatting to a lady on the beach in Saunderfoot as I was taking shots, I even got her to take a shot of my Ephotozine camera strap so she would remember the name when she got home.

How many of you do the same? I often wonder if any do pop in and take a look.

Question for the Team...

Would it be possible to have a link generated from our profiles that could be sent via email, facebook etc to others and if they join up we get a count or similar, a bit like the constructive comments points.

Just think it would be a good way to advertise the site and get an idea of new members being referred by existing members.

Stu

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 May 2012 - 8:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110266 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 8:59 AM

Quote: How many of you do the same?

quite often, most frequently at craft fairs and the like but also when wandering about with the camera and someone comes up with the usual "thats a big lens - wotcha got?" comment

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 9:07 AM

Quote: I quite often when speaking to others who have an interest in photography mention Ephotozine and my username, I tell them about the site and how useful it is.

That is very much appreciated - word of mouth is one of the important aspects of our growth Smile

Quote: Would it be possible to have a link generated from our profiles that could be sent via email

We have it Smile and rather than get a point you get cash if they join up and become e2 members.
The links to use are here. ePHOTOzine Affiliate Links

MrGoatsmilk
8 May 2012 - 9:15 AM

Quote:

We have it Smile and rather than get a point you get cash if they join up and become e2 members.
The links to use are here. ePHOTOzine Affiliate Links

I shall send that next time Grin

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 9:20 AM

Pete is the affiliate link built in to the link to EPZ in a Foliopic website?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 9:25 AM

Quote: Pete is the affiliate link built in to the link to EPZ in a Foliopic website?

No it isn't, but you can easily go in and edit the foliopic links page though and set it so the epz link does link to the affiliates page.
As you'll then see from the "Your Earnings" tab you can track how many people you've sent to ePHOTOzine and of those who've registered and signed up to e2.

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 9:42 AM

Thanks! Done (I think!)SmileSmile

55jase
55jase e2 Member 8186 forum posts55jase vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

I always mention this site to budding photoraphers and the like. I thought the facebook link was a great idea.Grin

ARIANA1985
8 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

i find out about ephotozine at my local camera shop , they said site and forum are informative ... and they where right. Smile

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
8 May 2012 - 1:30 PM

I have some small cards I carry in my wallet, directing interested persons to my little bit of EPZ

...."EPHOTOzine...the best online photographic site in the world"

Last summer I found what looked like a very expensive compact camera at Chester zoo.

I did the right thing and handed it in with one of my cards in the pocket of the case.

If you found this site, I'd just like to say "I wasn't expecting a reward...but thanks would have been nice"

.....Mike

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 1:34 PM

I've done a few times and some even joined...
most people however forget as soon as your back is turned lol!

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
8 May 2012 - 1:50 PM

The trouble with a link is that it asks information of the other party.
....and people can, I sometimes find, be suspicious Smile

....my way of doing it demands nothing and they either keep the card or throw it away....their choice.

In the 7 years I've been with EPZ I've given away well over 100 cards...some must have joined Smile

....Mike

franken
franken e2 Member 123126 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 3:42 PM

I've been approached several times about my Epz camera straps and I always make a point of discussing the site with them.(positively) I've also had a few photographing my EPZ strap.

I've no idea if any of them have joined though?

Ken

JJGEE
JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 4:12 PM

Not me.
But I only rarely talk to people when I am out-and-about with my camera and if I do it is on an epz members' meet Wink

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 6:20 PM

I've told several people - they all look at me as if I'm nuts!!!! Sad

(I like Mike's idea!)

Last Modified By KarenFB at 8 May 2012 - 6:21 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.