Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Leuchars 2010

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93452 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2010 - 9:08 PM

A little reminder that Scotland's biggest airshow is one week tomorrow. Anyone got plans to go?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Sep 2010 - 9:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

v8dunc
    v8dunc  7333 forum posts Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2010 - 9:10 PM

Hi David,Connor my Dad and myself will be going along.Hope to see you there

Duncan

ww2spitfire
    3 Sep 2010 - 9:13 PM

I'll be there as well. Hope the weather holds out Tongue

discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93452 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2010 - 9:51 PM

Excellent Smile Just need to figure out how I'm getting there now, I heard some of the problems people had with the trains last year Sad

da_nige
    da_nige  101153 forum posts Scotland
    4 Sep 2010 - 12:04 AM

Trains? The cars were a nightmare too! After 2008 they got a new company in to sort the car parking out. 2009 was even worse and as a result I have decided that it is not worth it this year. Last year was a poor show too in comparison to 2008.

daviewat
    daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
    4 Sep 2010 - 7:33 AM

Hey I`ll be there again Smile and parking in same place as last year Wink should be a whole lot better this year with the new park and ride scheme making room for us disabled buddies this time Smile as well as improving departure procedures. I`m taking my brother in law along and may see you there :_)

I have to say however for me the long trip around the base to get was great :_) I saw all the places I used to pop into in my service time at Leuchars as well as passing my old squadron building, well foundations of it at least, from where many an adventure was scrambled :_)

Latest MOD met info is a little rain Friday but at present Saturday clear with light cloud cover at times, of course they can be as reliable as the BBC at times !!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Last Modified By daviewat at 4 Sep 2010 - 7:38 AM
    roxpix
    roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2010 - 8:34 AM

Logistically how does this type of event manage ppl viewing who havenít paid

I mean £20 is pretty reasonable but if I stood on the beach at St Andrews it would seem that Iíd get a fair view of at least some of the action!

daviewat
    daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
    5 Sep 2010 - 9:30 AM

Quote: Logistically how does this type of event manage ppl viewing who havenít paid

I mean £20 is pretty reasonable but if I stood on the beach at St Andrews it would seem that Iíd get a fair view of at least some of the action!

No the beach looks kind of away from the base, and the display line is set in front of main runway so all you see from a distance is aircraft lining up and ascending/descending.

There used to be a wonderful little lay by just past Gaurdbridge Paperworks on road to St Andrews but if it is still there it will fill with camper vans a couple of days before Smile

Last Modified By daviewat at 5 Sep 2010 - 9:31 AM
    roxpix
    roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2010 - 9:44 AM

Quote: No the beach looks kind of away from the base, and the display line is set in front of main runway so all you see from a distance is aircraft lining up and ascending/descending.

Cheers, I was looking at the main tourist beach part and see what you mean but the beach runs right round the spit of land where the golf courses are (lost a couple of balls off the Edan course onto the beach a couple of months ago) and so this part of the beach faces directly towards the runway at a distance of about 1km from the east end, and while I've never attended an air show I guess the planes will have to turn/bank etc and it seems logical that they would do this over the sand marsh rather than the town itself, bringing them almost overhead

discreetphoton
    9 Sep 2010 - 5:47 PM

Gutted. I've had three possible lifts cancel on me, so I'm not going to be going this year.
    And I was soooo looking forward to seeing the Harrier Sad

v8dunc
    v8dunc  7333 forum posts Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Sep 2010 - 12:21 AM

Sorry to hear that David,fraid my car is full or i would have picked you up.

Duncan

discreetphoton
    10 Sep 2010 - 10:53 AM

Thanks Duncan. Hope you all have a great day.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.