Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Life line thrown to Olympus 4Thirds owners.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 11:22 PM

Quote: Have you ever used an E3 or E5 CB.

No but I recently saw a chap with one hung around his neck.... I think it was an E5: first time I'd ever laid eyes on an Oly 4/3 DSLR.

But, bizarrely, he was actually using his Nokia N8 camera phone for the majority of his photos! Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Aug 2012 - 11:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314968 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 11:29 PM

I believe that Mr Watanabe heads up or has something to do with there DSLR area, so he wont be talking about a M4/3 camera.

My guess is that they would be moving some of the OM-D technology over to there next dslr.

Quote: But, bizarrely, he was actually using his Nokia N8 camera phone for the majority of his photos!

So what is bizarre about taking a few pictures with a phone Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 11:35 PM

Quote: So what is bizarre about taking a few pictures with a phone

Nothing except he seemed to be taking nearly all the pics with the phone rather than the Oly DSLR. Maybe he gets better quality. Lol! Wink

Quote: My guess is that they would be moving some of the OM-D technology over to there next dslr.

If they were thinking in DSLR terms why talk about a "solution"? Surely it would be simpler just to say there would be a successor to the E-5?

I think Olympus will bring out something more innovative than something based on tired old DSLR technology.

Stephen_w3d
21 Aug 2012 - 7:23 AM

Why bring out a big bulky body with a 4/3 sensor. With all the demand for the OMD that has been generated because it is a small but full featured camera, the reason I and many others bought one why go the oposite way now. Dose'nt make sence. Olympus and Panasonic have managed to generate a lot of interest in the u4/3 market something that the 4/3 never had and never will.

kodachrome
21 Aug 2012 - 8:33 AM

According to a comment in the 4Thirds forum, it seems there will be more models in the O-MD series, one of which might cater for 4/3 lenses with out having to use an adaptor. Its all conjecture at the moment but I think Olympus future is 'small'.

Stephen_w3d
21 Aug 2012 - 8:43 AM

The marketing for the OMD does say the begining of the new. Which sugests more models and with the demand it has generated it would be stupid not to follow it up.

Carabosse
21 Aug 2012 - 10:51 AM

The reference in the statement to "legacy" 4/3 lenses is interesting.... it strongly implies there won't be any more 4/3 lenses - ever.

I have seen comments on the web that the "solution" could even be a firmware update to the E-M5 to enable it to work better with 4/3 lenses, or possibly an improved adaptor.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314968 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 3:14 PM

None of the current M4/3 bodies have any real muscle to power 4/3 lenses, bodies will need a bigger more potent battery.

I can see the current OM-D battery being short lived, its been plagued with problems.

Carabosse
22 Aug 2012 - 1:43 AM

Quote: I can see the current OM-D battery being short lived, its been plagued with problems.

Really? Zero problems with mine. Smile

Paul Morgan
22 Aug 2012 - 1:48 AM

Where are the replacements CB

kodachrome
22 Aug 2012 - 8:21 AM

There might be more announcements at Photokina, so I heard.

Carabosse
22 Aug 2012 - 12:54 PM

Quote: Where are the replacements CB

Replacements for what?

Paul Morgan
22 Aug 2012 - 1:11 PM

I Hadn`t thought you this dumb CB, replacement spare batteries that no body can get hold of, unless they buy third party.

Quote: There might be more announcements at Photokina, so I heard

This is doing the rounds.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/20/olympus-developing-new-four-thirds-camera/

Carabosse
22 Aug 2012 - 1:14 PM

Quote: replacement spare batteries that no body can get hold of

Oh well, I won't be buying one - hasn't even occurred to me to do so. 200 shots are about half a battery charge.

Saying the current battery is "plagued with problems" is a little dumb, when you mean availability!

Last Modified By Carabosse at 22 Aug 2012 - 1:16 PM
Paul Morgan
22 Aug 2012 - 3:38 PM

Quote: Saying the current battery is "plagued with problems" is a little dumb, when you mean availability!

There have been problems with them, hardly dumb.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.