Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Life line thrown to Olympus 4Thirds owners.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2012 - 5:21 PM

Quote: There have been problems with them, hardly dumb.

Tell us more. I've had no problems with mine - have you? Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Aug 2012 - 5:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315212 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2012 - 5:39 PM

CB why are you being such a plank, no I have had no problems, but there have been problems producing spares in any numbers.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2012 - 5:45 PM

No Paul, as per usual it is your inadequate use of the English language which is making you look a complete twit.

You have said there are problems with the batteries. I am not aware of any such problems - and obviously neither are you. But people reading what you have said may be unnecessarily concerned.

The batteries are in short supply. That is all. This may be a problem for some but not for others. It certainly isn't for me, as I have indicated.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315212 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2012 - 5:48 PM

Why are the batteries still in short supply CB after all this time ?

Carabosse
22 Aug 2012 - 9:15 PM

Because Olympus underestimated the demand. Smile

andybebbs
andybebbs  6120 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 4:33 PM

What ever they come up with i wont be buying an Olympus again as feel very let down by them since i got my e510, Lots of money spent and now no one is making kit for four thirds.
Andy

Carabosse
6 Nov 2012 - 4:59 PM

Quote: What ever they come up with i wont be buying an Olympus again as feel very let down by them since i got my e510, Lots of money spent and now no one is making kit for four thirds.

Just get an OM-D E-M5 plus a 4/3 to M4/3 adaptor. Smile

Paul Morgan
6 Nov 2012 - 6:47 PM

Quote: What ever they come up with i wont be buying an Olympus again as feel very let down by them since i got my e510, Lots of money spent and now no one is making kit for four thirds

Why did you go 4/3 in the first place, little has really changed.

kodachrome
6 Nov 2012 - 7:11 PM

I saw in 4thirds rumours Olympus are bringing out a new 16mp 4thirds body to support all the 4thirds glass round the world. I just hope its affordable.

Carabosse
6 Nov 2012 - 7:15 PM

Not sure why Olympus feel need to support 4/3 glass, except by means of an adaptor. 4/3 was not exactly a raging success... it is only since M4/3 was launched that the format has taken off.

Paul Morgan
6 Nov 2012 - 7:24 PM

Quote: Not sure why Olympus feel need to support 4/3 glass

Because they still have a 4/3 format CB.

Quote: 4/3 was not exactly a raging success

Yep in the same way as Pentax or Sony, hence starting M4/3, now not even Canon or Nikon can compete Smile

andybebbs
6 Nov 2012 - 7:33 PM

micro four thirds was not out when i got my first olympus camera and was told it was a good camera to buy and if you go check the four thirds lenses they are the same lenses as 5 years ago with no new additions and no other makes out there to support four thirds.
I will not be getting micro four thirds as don`t trust olympus and when i can afford it will be changing to nikon.
Paul loads has changed no one wants to make four thirds kit for olympus so whats the point in having it in the first place.

andybebbs
6 Nov 2012 - 7:36 PM

OM-D E-M5 is 999 at jessops what a joke would not waste my money if i had a thousand pounds for olympus to then change its mind again.

Paul Morgan
6 Nov 2012 - 7:50 PM

Quote: Paul loads has changed no one wants to make four thirds kit for olympus so whats the point in having it in the first place

?

I had been with 4/3 since the beginning and have moved with the times, it was and still is, a small system.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
6 Nov 2012 - 8:06 PM

So...Four Thirds was not a raging success. From that we can assume that it wasn't selling particularly well. As a result, we now have Micro Four Thirds, which seems to have caught the imagination of amateurs and also some professionals, and is apparently selling well. Without having access to the facts and figures, I'd be inclined to say that a rational conclusion would be that M4/3 is the one on which Olympus and Panasonic are likely to concentrate their not-unlimited resources. It's hardly a matter of having "changed their mind". If people are buying, they're likely to keep developing and selling. Otherwise, how can any company justify continuing to spend money on developing products?

Question: why do you think the OM-D E-M5 is still commanding a premium price? Price is generally dictated by what the market will support. If enough people didn't feel that the current price represents at least reasonably good value, sales would have collapsed and the price would have had to fall. For me, that speaks for itself.

As CB said, you can still use 4/3 lenses on M4/3 cameras by means of an adapter. It's not as though those lenses have instantly become useless.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.