Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Life line thrown to Olympus 4Thirds owners.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Aug 2012 5:21PM

Quote:There have been problems with them, hardly dumb.

Tell us more. I've had no problems with mine - have you? Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Aug 2012 5:39PM
CB why are you being such a plank, no I have had no problems, but there have been problems producing spares in any numbers.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Aug 2012 5:45PM
No Paul, as per usual it is your inadequate use of the English language which is making you look a complete twit.

You have said there are problems with the batteries. I am not aware of any such problems - and obviously neither are you. But people reading what you have said may be unnecessarily concerned.

The batteries are in short supply. That is all. This may be a problem for some but not for others. It certainly isn't for me, as I have indicated.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Aug 2012 5:48PM
Why are the batteries still in short supply CB after all this time ?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Aug 2012 9:15PM
Because Olympus underestimated the demand. Smile
andybebbs 6 162 1 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 4:33PM
What ever they come up with i wont be buying an Olympus again as feel very let down by them since i got my e510, Lots of money spent and now no one is making kit for four thirds.
Andy
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Nov 2012 4:59PM

Quote:What ever they come up with i wont be buying an Olympus again as feel very let down by them since i got my e510, Lots of money spent and now no one is making kit for four thirds.

Just get an OM-D E-M5 plus a 4/3 to M4/3 adaptor. Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Nov 2012 6:47PM

Quote:What ever they come up with i wont be buying an Olympus again as feel very let down by them since i got my e510, Lots of money spent and now no one is making kit for four thirds

Why did you go 4/3 in the first place, little has really changed.
kodachrome 3 530
6 Nov 2012 7:11PM
I saw in 4thirds rumours Olympus are bringing out a new 16mp 4thirds body to support all the 4thirds glass round the world. I just hope its affordable.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Nov 2012 7:15PM
Not sure why Olympus feel need to support 4/3 glass, except by means of an adaptor. 4/3 was not exactly a raging success... it is only since M4/3 was launched that the format has taken off.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Nov 2012 7:24PM

Quote:Not sure why Olympus feel need to support 4/3 glass

Because they still have a 4/3 format CB.

Quote:4/3 was not exactly a raging success

Yep in the same way as Pentax or Sony, hence starting M4/3, now not even Canon or Nikon can compete Smile
6 Nov 2012 7:33PM
micro four thirds was not out when i got my first olympus camera and was told it was a good camera to buy and if you go check the four thirds lenses they are the same lenses as 5 years ago with no new additions and no other makes out there to support four thirds.
I will not be getting micro four thirds as don`t trust olympus and when i can afford it will be changing to nikon.
Paul loads has changed no one wants to make four thirds kit for olympus so whats the point in having it in the first place.
6 Nov 2012 7:36PM
OM-D E-M5 is 999 at jessops what a joke would not waste my money if i had a thousand pounds for olympus to then change its mind again.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Nov 2012 7:50PM

Quote:Paul loads has changed no one wants to make four thirds kit for olympus so whats the point in having it in the first place

?

I had been with 4/3 since the beginning and have moved with the times, it was and still is, a small system.
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
6 Nov 2012 8:06PM
So...Four Thirds was not a raging success. From that we can assume that it wasn't selling particularly well. As a result, we now have Micro Four Thirds, which seems to have caught the imagination of amateurs and also some professionals, and is apparently selling well. Without having access to the facts and figures, I'd be inclined to say that a rational conclusion would be that M4/3 is the one on which Olympus and Panasonic are likely to concentrate their not-unlimited resources. It's hardly a matter of having "changed their mind". If people are buying, they're likely to keep developing and selling. Otherwise, how can any company justify continuing to spend money on developing products?

Question: why do you think the OM-D E-M5 is still commanding a premium price? Price is generally dictated by what the market will support. If enough people didn't feel that the current price represents at least reasonably good value, sales would have collapsed and the price would have had to fall. For me, that speaks for itself.

As CB said, you can still use 4/3 lenses on M4/3 cameras by means of an adapter. It's not as though those lenses have instantly become useless.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.