Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Light graffiti - bordering on the obsessive?

yellowmunky 10 127 1 Wales
10 Dec 2008 7:20PM
I had an email asking me about what torch I use, and found myself reeling off a massive list; all chucked in a large box and loaded in the boot when I venture out... I remember the time it was just a simple maglight...

What have I become...?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sberlyn 7 426 1 England
10 Dec 2008 9:33PM
Could you forward the email to me (address: FROMYELLOWMUNKY@SBERLYN.CO.UK), please, I'm dead interested in light graffiti!

Cheers Smile

Sam
Badger 12 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2008 9:48PM
Maybe we should have a light graffiti meet, with a special Yellowmunkey master class...
sberlyn 7 426 1 England
10 Dec 2008 10:51PM
Perhaps! It'd suit me too, as it would have to be at night; as I'm at work/sixth form in the day.

Keep me posted.

S
11 Dec 2008 7:52PM
Masterclass! Grin

Funnily enough, I wrote a light graffiti 'masterclass' for last month's Digital Photographer mag

I live in South Wales. I mostly shoot at night... mostly...
I'm usually in some obscure location that they write horror stories about, but sorting out a LIGHT GRAFFITI meet, well.. why the hell not. if a bunch of you are heading down my way or near, give me a shout.
11 Dec 2008 7:52PM
By the way Sam, I sent you that email I sent the other dude in regards to this thread
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
11 Dec 2008 7:58PM
well, I am in South Wales, and I am sure others around would be interested in your masterclass too, Michael.
11 Dec 2008 8:05PM
I'm sure there's plenty of folk out there a dab hand at this without my help, but yep, we're spoilt for choice in South Wales location-wise; maybe hit somewhere easy to park up say between Porthcawl and Bristol depending on where people are from, and take it from there...
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
11 Dec 2008 8:06PM
What sort of location would be ideal then, Michael? Skate park?
14 Dec 2008 7:07PM

Quote:What sort of location would be ideal then, Michael? Skate park?

Skateparks are good; there's a good one (basic) on the mumbles, Gower; it's dark enough to pull off some sweet light tricks and if the moon is in the right location, it lights up the bay for the background.
sberlyn 7 426 1 England
14 Dec 2008 7:56PM
Michael,

Just received the email - very useful.

Many thanks,

Sam

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.