Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightbox

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    poetslane
    poetslane  11 United Kingdom
    30 Dec 2010 - 1:56 PM

Hi, I have been given an A2 size lightbox and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to any articles or publications that you help me get the most out of it.

Thanks

Selina

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Dec 2010 - 1:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
    1 Jan 2011 - 11:51 AM

If anyone in the family suffers from SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder, fit daylight tubes and it'll work wonders.

We use the light box when we're sticking prints to overlays.

User_Removed
    1 Jan 2011 - 6:57 PM

Oddly enough, I was browsing though Ebay looking at lightboxes (I want one for back-illuminating small macro and still life subjects). Most of those offered for sale were either as health aids for SAD victims or as tracing aids for tattooists. Hadn't thought of either application.

In the olden days, I used one for slide sorting but threw it out when I was thown out of my darkroom by SWMBO.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 1 Jan 2011 - 6:59 PM
    JJGEE
    JJGEE  96354 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jan 2011 - 7:09 PM

Not sure why you would want articles / publications on how to use a lightbox.

Two tips though Wink

1) Get some black card from the stationers, cut to the size of the lightboc then cut an aperture the size of the negative etc. Then place negative etc over the aperture to view.

That way there is no light spill / distraction from the whole light box.

In fact I have several for a strips of transparencies or an individual frame.

2) In addition I have a couple of "L" shapes which I use for "cropping"

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jan 2011 - 7:21 PM

Quote: Not sure why you would want articles / publications on how to use a lightbox.

Quote: Get some black card from the stationers, cut to the size of the lightboc then cut an aperture the size of the negative etc. Then place negative etc over the aperture to view.

That way there is no light spill / distraction from the whole light box.

I think your tip shows why an article could be good, although I've never seen one written. I never considered doing that tip - good idea.

Here's a piece I wrote on using L croppers

Last Modified By Pete at 1 Jan 2011 - 7:22 PM
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315681 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jan 2011 - 7:57 PM

Quote: Oddly enough, I was browsing though Ebay looking at lightboxes (I want one for back-illuminating small macro and still life subjects

A bit off topic but I`ve quite fancied using my 35mm film scanner on leaves and small insects, sandwiched in a glass slide.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.