Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Lighter Later Campaign

newfocus 8 644 2 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 12:04PM
I just noticed the Daylight Saving Bill's due for it's third reading in parliament on 20 Jan. Apart from the general environmental and lifestyle benefits, it seems a good thing from an outdoor photography point of view - more evening light and later sunrises. So it seems worth supporting IMO.

LighterLater.org
Info on Daylight Saving Bill third reading

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 12:23PM
I don't see any benefit at all. If you want to benefit from daylight earlier in the day, get up earlier.

I work for an American company, and my boss and a lot of my organisation is on the west coast. I am already 8 hours ahead of them, I don't want to be 9 hours ahead...
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 12:24PM
Later sunrises mean that the average Joe is less likely to be able to photograph them because you have less time before starting work - in winter you will have no time at all. Where is the benefit?
And in winter, why do longer evenings matter when it gets dark before the end of the working day anyway?
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 12:27PM

Quote:I don't see any benefit at all. If you want to benefit from daylight earlier in the day, get up earlier.

or later Smile
newfocus 8 644 2 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 12:33PM
Just me then Smile Personally speaking I need to cover until around 5pm in the office for at least part of the week, so extra daylight after that would be really welcome. Sunrise shots have to be done when I'm not going into the office anyway - so a slightly later start would be welcome.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 1:27PM
Great art is always produced by people who suffer...
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
6 Jan 2012 1:35PM
Oh no no no..... I wish they would stop doing the +1 hour, let alone +2 and +1.
Just leave time alone.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
6 Jan 2012 1:50PM

Quote:Just leave time alone.

Quite.

Whatever they settle upon, just leave it at that.
A few months down the line and certainly by next winter, it will have been forgotten about and we'll all just get on with our lives accordingly.
simont 10 2.2k 4 England
6 Jan 2012 2:21PM
More to the point, what naughty legislation are the Gov hoping to sneak in un-noticed while the country is being sidetracked by daylight saving and how good the Mac is compared to PC.

Wink
robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 3:22PM
its a photo site take ur polatics away
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 3:24PM
It may be a photo site but this is the healthy debate forum, which was set up for exactly this kind of thing.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.