Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lighter Later Campaign

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    newfocus
    newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2012 - 12:04 PM

I just noticed the Daylight Saving Bill's due for it's third reading in parliament on 20 Jan. Apart from the general environmental and lifestyle benefits, it seems a good thing from an outdoor photography point of view - more evening light and later sunrises. So it seems worth supporting IMO.

LighterLater.org
    Info on Daylight Saving Bill third reading

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jan 2012 - 12:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315547 forum posts England
    6 Jan 2012 - 12:23 PM

I don't see any benefit at all. If you want to benefit from daylight earlier in the day, get up earlier.

I work for an American company, and my boss and a lot of my organisation is on the west coast. I am already 8 hours ahead of them, I don't want to be 9 hours ahead...

mikehit
    mikehit  46104 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2012 - 12:24 PM

Later sunrises mean that the average Joe is less likely to be able to photograph them because you have less time before starting work - in winter you will have no time at all. Where is the benefit?
    And in winter, why do longer evenings matter when it gets dark before the end of the working day anyway?

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315547 forum posts England
    6 Jan 2012 - 12:27 PM

Quote: I don't see any benefit at all. If you want to benefit from daylight earlier in the day, get up earlier.

or later Smile

newfocus
    newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2012 - 12:33 PM

Just me then Smile Personally speaking I need to cover until around 5pm in the office for at least part of the week, so extra daylight after that would be really welcome. Sunrise shots have to be done when I'm not going into the office anyway - so a slightly later start would be welcome.

mikehit
    mikehit  46104 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2012 - 1:27 PM

Great art is always produced by people who suffer...

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2012 - 1:35 PM

Oh no no no..... I wish they would stop doing the +1 hour, let alone +2 and +1.
    Just leave time alone.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 6 Jan 2012 - 1:36 PM
    Jestertheclown

Quote: Just leave time alone.

Quite.

Whatever they settle upon, just leave it at that.
    A few months down the line and certainly by next winter, it will have been forgotten about and we'll all just get on with our lives accordingly.

simont
    simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2012 - 2:21 PM

More to the point, what naughty legislation are the Gov hoping to sneak in un-noticed while the country is being sidetracked by daylight saving and how good the Mac is compared to PC.

Wink

robthecamman
    6 Jan 2012 - 3:22 PM

its a photo site take ur polatics away

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2012 - 3:24 PM

It may be a photo site but this is the healthy debate forum, which was set up for exactly this kind of thing.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.