Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom 3

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cheddar-caveman

My main computer - her upstairs - is an iMac on which I have downloaded and installed Lightroom 3. As you know I have just won the rather fine Dell laptop in o competition on here and intend making it my "photo" computer. With that in mind, anyone know if I can "transfer" the LR onto it from the Mac or has anyone got LR for sale? I'm just going to look in the "classifieds".

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2013 - 5:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96221 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 5:35 PM

I believe Dell Computers use the Microsoft Operating System so you will not be able to use the Mac ( using Apple's Operating System ) version of LR on the Dell.

mlewis
    mlewis  91475 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2013 - 7:09 PM

Your licence for Lightroom is valid for Windows and Apple computers. Download the Windows version of Lightroom and put in your licence key and you are all set. All you need to do then is copy the catalogue and images from the Mac to your new computer.

cheddar-caveman

Many thanks mlewis - that's just what I needed!

Jestertheclown

Can you use the same licence on two machines?

Hugo
    Hugo  9637 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2013 - 11:16 PM

On Windows - yes the key will work on more than one machine - so I have it on my desktop and laptop too. Lightroom 4 is there same there is no 'activation ' just based upon you entering the key and trust, unlike say Photoshop where there is an 'activation' system that knows what you have where. Since there is only one of me, and thus I can never use the desktop and laptop at the same time, two installs from one key seems fair.

mlewis
    mlewis  91475 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2013 - 11:37 PM

Quote: Can you use the same licence on two machines?

Yes, as long as both aren't used at the same time.

Last Modified By mlewis at 7 Feb 2013 - 11:38 PM
    cheddar-caveman

So will I have to uninstall from the Mac before I can install on the new Windows? Can't see how the "key" knows it's unlocking??

Philh04
    Philh04  855 forum posts
    8 Feb 2013 - 8:03 AM

Adobes licence is for two machines so you should not have to uninstall, you may have to get in touch with Adobe as I believe the serials for Mac and Windows is different....

cheddar-caveman

OK, just had a good rummage around and have found my original LR CD so theoretically I can now install it on my new (won on here) Dell Laptop! Grin

Thanks for the help gents (ladies?).

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.