Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom 4 - Book Module

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    canonfan46
    17 Nov 2012 - 1:27 AM

Hi,
    Anyone tried the Lightroom 4 Book Module yet?

How did you find it in comparison to other book printers software, such as Albelli for instance?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Nov 2012 - 1:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2012 - 11:27 AM

Are we talking image quality etc, Or ease of use software wise......?

If it is image quality, Blurb is excellent, Easily as good as anything else out there.

Ease of use wise, We found it was easier to go through the book process via Blurb's own site, Rather than muck about in the LR4 interface.

That said it really is a matter of personal persistence, But the quality is way up there with the best, Way way better than Photobox efforts.

Super quick delivery to....From the Netherlands if memory is working today....Wink

canonfan46
    17 Nov 2012 - 11:43 AM

I was thinking of ease of use.
    I have had a few books through Albelli and found the software very easy to use. Their quality was excellent and delivered within 10 days.

I found the Lightroom software really difficult and restrictive with regard to image/text sizing and placement.

Its not often that I feel qualified to pass judgement on anything in photography, but "Lightroom Book" has proved such a disapointment when everything else about Lightroom 4 is so good.

I just wanted to know if it was only me that felt that way.

John

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2012 - 12:02 PM

Tried it but gave up..you have to use it to upload to another third party provider e.g. blurb...my attempt failed to upload all my titles/text etc...and it seemed unusually problematic...went for albelli in the end Smile

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014720 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2012 - 12:07 PM

not used Albelli yet - how do they compare for price and quality?

canonfan46
    17 Nov 2012 - 1:12 PM

Recently I attended a 40th wedding anniversary as the "Official Photographer"Grin (really I was only doing it unpaid for my sister in law).

But I was so pleased with my results that I thought I would get her a photo book as a present.

I ordered a "Large Square" (12" x 12") book with:-
    36 pages
    Hard cover
    Photo on front and back
    Their best quality paper
    Lay flat pages
    In fact I selected their best options in every way so that I could see what their best results would be.

Total cost was 56 plus postage.

I have to say that I was absolutely amazed with the quality.
    The colour reproduction was perfect and the feel and look of the book was very impressive.

Having said that, I am making my judgement based on only my first photo book.

I found the software very easy to use which is a first for meGrin

Having spent all day yesterday trying to use Lightroom Book, and all this morning on Blurb, I have no doubt that I will stick with Albelli.

Last Modified By canonfan46 at 17 Nov 2012 - 1:33 PM
    canonfan46
    17 Nov 2012 - 1:13 PM

Also, I placed the order on 9th Nov and received the book yesterday 16th.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2012 - 4:45 PM

I ordered the soft cover landscape (20x15cm) with 46 pages for less than 25. Good quality, albeit the least expensive paper. have used Blurb before and would say that Albelli come a close 2nd. I will use them again. Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.