Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom 4.3 - Photoshop CS6 Colour Shift

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    robs
    robs  10660 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jan 2013 - 7:50 PM

Quick one - when I edit a photograph in Lightroom 4.3 and export it into Photoshop CS6 (Latest ACR installed) I am getting a colour shift from the warm tones I have dialled in to a cooler version in Photoshop.

Any idea why, and what I can do to fix this - I am getting rather irate!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Jan 2013 - 7:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH
    GlennH  91896 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jan 2013 - 9:52 PM

Could be a monitor profile issue - check that Photoshop is using the current monitor profile (color settings>working spaces>Monitor RGB). Temporarily install sRGB as your monitor profile to see if differences vanish—that'll point towards a potentially corrupt monitor profile or a compatibility problem (with a v4 monitor profile for instance).

In Photoshop's colour settings make sure that you have 'preserve embedded profiles' selected in colour management policies, and check all the boxes (you might try that first before faffing around with the monitor profile).

robs
    10 Jan 2013 - 10:08 PM

Aaah good call, will try those tomorrow.

Ta

User_Removed
    10 Jan 2013 - 10:43 PM

At the risk of stating the very obvious, check that when you click "Edit in...CS6" in Lightroom, you are then clicking (or defaulting to) "Edit Copy with Lightroom Changes" or words to that effect.

Philh04
    Philh04  855 forum posts
    11 Jan 2013 - 8:13 AM

Not a profile issue I don't think.... NEVER use your monitor profile as a working space in Photoshop, use either Adobe RGB or Prophoto RGB (Prophoto is closer to the Mellisa RGB that Lightroom uses beneath the covers)

I am not in front of Lightroom at the moment but LeftForums suggestion is good.... and yes make sure that preserve embedded profile is checked in Photoshop...

GlennH
    GlennH  91896 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Jan 2013 - 9:20 AM

Quote: NEVER use your monitor profile as a working space in Photoshop

If that's what my post inferred, no, don't! The path I posted was merely intended as a means of checking the current monitor profile, which should be listed in the drop-down menu alongside 'Monitor RGB'. If you were to click on that you'd be effectively turning colour management off.

Any disparity in colour between programs always potentially points towards a profile problem. However, I do agree that LF's post may resolve the issue - seems fairly likely that the Lightroom adjustments are merely being discarded en route.

mikehit
    mikehit  46189 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Jan 2013 - 9:46 AM

Profile seems the best explanation

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4705207

robs
    11 Jan 2013 - 5:50 PM

ah ha - dodgy profile it was!

Deleted the monitor profile to use the un-profiled settings and Lightroom/Photoshop look the same again. So... I just need to either find my Huey Pro again which has wandered off... or get something a little more useful instead Wink

Cheers, that wasn't one I was expecting to be causing the problem!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.