Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom 5 65 @PCWorld

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

russellsnr
15 Jul 2013 - 9:46 AM

Saw on another site.
Download price with code AD65 at checkout
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/software-gaming-books/software/creativity/photo-video-editing/adobe-lightroom-5-21472774-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-11&cmpid=aff~HotUKDeals~&istCompanyId=9a35962d-802d-4e67-9721-0a3328ca1f02&istItemId=qqpxmxaa&istBid=t

Russ

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jul 2013 - 9:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Dann
Dann  1185 forum posts
15 Jul 2013 - 12:14 PM

Clickable Link.

ColinT-B
ColinT-B  838 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2013 - 2:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Did download the trial version, and nearly bought of Amazon. Just purchased this.
Thanks again. Colin

lumix5
lumix5  3205 forum posts Northern Ireland
18 Jul 2013 - 9:46 AM

Hi everyone, is it best to buy this as a download or as a hard copy on a disc?

russellsnr
18 Jul 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hi, If you download you have it instantly depending or your connection speed then all you do is copy it to a disc as backup
If you go for the disc purchase you have to wait for the postmanTongue
and we all no how long that can take sometimesWink
It is just the same software.
Russ

lumix5
lumix5  3205 forum posts Northern Ireland
18 Jul 2013 - 12:41 PM

russellsnr, thanks for the very helpful answer and thanks also for the heads up on the offer.

David.

Mozzytheboy
Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
31 Jul 2013 - 5:52 PM

May I just take a free ride on this thread and ask a basic question how one would benefit using this prog rather than say PSE9 which I have?

Thanks

Mozzy

GlennH
GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
31 Jul 2013 - 6:12 PM

Quote: May I just take a free ride on this thread and ask a basic question how one would benefit using this prog rather than say PSE9 which I have?

Lots of ways, but the essential difference is that Lightroom is a metadata editor and Elements is a pixel editor. With the former you can edit away to your heart's content without necessarily needing to render images and store weighty files on your hard drive.

Jestertheclown
31 Jul 2013 - 6:30 PM

Quote: May I just take a free ride on this thread and ask a basic question how one would benefit using this prog rather than say PSE9 which I have?

Hi Mike,
As Glenn says, they're different animals entirely.
As it happens, there have been several threads running here in the last couple of days re. Lightroom, its merits and how it compares to PS etc. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them.
I think you'll find Lightroom useful though. Especially at that price.

Quote: If you download you have it instantly depending or your connection speed then all you do is copy it to a disc as backup

I'm not sure it's quite that straightforward. I'd say that you'll need to write the download to a disc (or a folder somewhere), rather than copy it later.
Or just keep the serial safe and download it again if you need to.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 31 Jul 2013 - 6:30 PM
Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
31 Jul 2013 - 7:45 PM

Quote: .....
Or just keep the serial safe and download it again if you need to.

That's all you need to do. No need for a physical back-up of the installation files.

Jestertheclown
31 Jul 2013 - 8:50 PM

Quote: No need for a physical back-up of the installation files.

I'd keep a copy.

LR5 isn't going to be available to download forever. One day it'll be superseded by LR6 or LRCC, which could be more likely, and on its own, your serial will become useless.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
31 Jul 2013 - 9:10 PM

I can't see it going cc. With Photoshop Adobe have no real competitors (yet) if it went cc I would go over to Captureone straight away, maybe even nikon Capture NX, if they ever sought it out and get it stable. What I'm saying there are numerous competitors to Lightroom.

I will stick with Photoshop CS5 (legit btw) until either Adobe see sense, or a viable competitor comes along. Lets face it Photoshop is the dogs whats its at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next version of Elements allowed them to back track without losing face ie more like fully fledged PS without all the graphic stuff. Particularly if the likes of Google (don't scoff remember they bought Nik), or Coral etc come up with a good alternative.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
31 Jul 2013 - 11:03 PM

Quote: (legit btw)

Why do you feel a need to mention that fact ?

russellsnr
31 Jul 2013 - 11:06 PM

Hi, Well I can not see the point of having to download a fresh copy on occasions you may need to do so to put Lightroom on a disc takes a few seconds and CD disc is all that is needed so it will not break the bank.
As for alternative software to Photoshop itself I would say for VFM OnOne suite is worth a look, they are improving all the time and very good at the tutorials.
JMO
Russ

Hugo
Hugo  9639 forum posts United Kingdom
31 Jul 2013 - 11:26 PM

You don't really need to burn it to a CD - when you download it just stash the installer exe somewhere safe in your documents/photos folder/disc

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.