Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Lightroom 5: export/publish options?

SosFM e2
5 81 1 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2014 10:02PM
Just a quick question to those using LR5, I wondered what the export/publish options are in it, is it possible to burn to DVD/Blu Ray?

Thanks.
S.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Railcam e2
8 484 Scotland
17 Feb 2014 10:27PM
I do not think it is possible to burn a disc direct from Lightroom.The only option seems to be to Export to a Folder.

The best routine would appear to export your files to a Folder and then burn a disc from the folder.

Hope this is clear
Keith
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
18 Feb 2014 7:36AM
Seems possible....change the drop down to export to cd/dvd...works(ed) in LR4 so no reason to suspect it wouldn't in LR5

Adobe help
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2014 8:25AM
Works that way for me
Railcam e2
8 484 Scotland
18 Feb 2014 10:53AM
Thanks cats_123, I have learned something. LR really is amazing.
Keith
SosFM e2
5 81 1 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2014 1:08PM
Cheers for that. I have a LR3, with that there is no burn to disc option. Looking to upgrade along with a computer at the same time so just needed clarification.
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
18 Feb 2014 1:41PM

Quote:Cheers for that. I have a LR3, with that there is no burn to disc option. Looking to upgrade along with a computer at the same time so just needed clarification.
seems you are right....another temporary suggestion is to right click on an image and select `show in explorer' and then burn from there. Smile
nickp e2
10 491 Scotland
18 Feb 2014 1:58PM

Quote:Cheers for that. I have a LR3, with that there is no burn to disc option. Looking to upgrade along with a computer at the same time so just needed clarification.

Isn't there an option in LR3 to burn JPEGS to DVD/CD from the Export button? Certainly is in my version (3.6)
SosFM e2
5 81 1 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2014 10:19PM

Isn't there an option in LR3 to burn JPEGS to DVD/CD from the Export button? Certainly is in my version (3.6)

nickp, yes there is, I have just used it to burn 200 odd jpegs to a DVD tonight. There just doesnt sem to be the option in our version to burn a slideshow to DVD. Scott kelby says it can be exported as windows movie format, quick time, flash and something called H.264 but no where does he mention burning a DVD.

I currently use ProShow to publish slideshows on a pc but am seriously considering going to a Mac and treating myself to LR5. Mac isnt compatible with proShow so wanted to make sure that I had a reliable alternative and was hoping LR5 would offer me lots of the same.
13 Apr 2014 9:38AM
Hi.

It`s in Lightroom 5.4

If you right click the photo that you`ve edited, there`s the option to "EXPORT" then look for "BURN FULL-SIZED JPG`s". it brings up a DVD drive check.

Nige.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.