Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom 5: export/publish options?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SosFM
    SosFM  581 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Feb 2014 - 10:02 PM

Just a quick question to those using LR5, I wondered what the export/publish options are in it, is it possible to burn to DVD/Blu Ray?

Thanks.
    S.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Feb 2014 - 10:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Railcam
    Railcam  7475 forum posts Scotland
    17 Feb 2014 - 10:27 PM

I do not think it is possible to burn a disc direct from Lightroom.The only option seems to be to Export to a Folder.

The best routine would appear to export your files to a Folder and then burn a disc from the folder.

Hope this is clear
    Keith

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2014 - 7:36 AM

Seems possible....change the drop down to export to cd/dvd...works(ed) in LR4 so no reason to suspect it wouldn't in LR5

Adobe help

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110266 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2014 - 8:25 AM

Works that way for me

Railcam
    Railcam  7475 forum posts Scotland
    18 Feb 2014 - 10:53 AM

Thanks cats_123, I have learned something. LR really is amazing.
    Keith

SosFM
    18 Feb 2014 - 1:08 PM

Cheers for that. I have a LR3, with that there is no burn to disc option. Looking to upgrade along with a computer at the same time so just needed clarification.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2014 - 1:41 PM

Quote: Cheers for that. I have a LR3, with that there is no burn to disc option. Looking to upgrade along with a computer at the same time so just needed clarification.

seems you are right....another temporary suggestion is to right click on an image and select `show in explorer' and then burn from there. Smile

nickp
    nickp  9490 forum posts
    18 Feb 2014 - 1:58 PM

Quote: Cheers for that. I have a LR3, with that there is no burn to disc option. Looking to upgrade along with a computer at the same time so just needed clarification.

Isn't there an option in LR3 to burn JPEGS to DVD/CD from the Export button? Certainly is in my version (3.6)

SosFM
    18 Feb 2014 - 10:19 PM

Isn't there an option in LR3 to burn JPEGS to DVD/CD from the Export button? Certainly is in my version (3.6)

nickp, yes there is, I have just used it to burn 200 odd jpegs to a DVD tonight. There just doesnt sem to be the option in our version to burn a slideshow to DVD. Scott kelby says it can be exported as windows movie format, quick time, flash and something called H.264 but no where does he mention burning a DVD.

I currently use ProShow to publish slideshows on a pc but am seriously considering going to a Mac and treating myself to LR5. Mac isnt compatible with proShow so wanted to make sure that I had a reliable alternative and was hoping LR5 would offer me lots of the same.

Nigwel
    Nigwel 
    13 Apr 2014 - 9:38 AM

Hi.

It`s in Lightroom 5.4

If you right click the photo that you`ve edited, there`s the option to "EXPORT" then look for "BURN FULL-SIZED JPG`s". it brings up a DVD drive check.

Nige.

Last Modified By Nigwel at 13 Apr 2014 - 9:39 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.