Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom 5 fix due next week

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110266 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2013 - 9:58 AM

I stand corrected Jeff, if I say,
Quote: that Adobe took over RSP and incorporated it into the development of LR

will you be happy? Wink

Yes, RSP had many good things in addition to the Vibrancy slider, (if I can remember back that far Tongue )

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Jul 2013 - 9:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
31 Jul 2013 - 8:31 PM

Just released - Lightroom 5.2 RC

So I guess it will still be a few more weeks before the formal release of the fixes for LR 5.0

Do not recall seeing 5.1 RC but there appears to be a couple of new features and some improvements to the spot healing.

Jestertheclown
31 Jul 2013 - 11:06 PM

Quote: Just released - Lightroom 5.2 RC

Are you going to try it Jeff . . . ?

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2013 - 7:12 AM

Just had a quick go with the adjustment brush which seemed to slow my machine down very badly in the original version. Works well now so, so far so good Grin

JJGEE
1 Aug 2013 - 7:25 AM

Quote: Are you going to try it Jeff . . . ?

Wink
It was downloading when I posted the comment.

The healing is much better, which confirms what they mentioned in the release notes.

I can only assume they have fixed the export sharpening / noise reduction bug as that was the major issue that everyone was complaining about.

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
1 Aug 2013 - 9:09 AM

Lightroom 5.2 RC now available on Adobe Labs

Lightroom 5.2 is now available as a Release Candidate on Adobe Labs. The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers. The final release of Lightroom 5.2 may have additional corrections or camera support.

Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate

The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 5 have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 5 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:

Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
Incorrect photo was selected when trying to select a photo in segmented grid in Publish Services.
The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2013 - 9:29 AM

Something which I have noticed may affect some of you. I had an image where I had used the adjustment brush to completely burn out a shadow. In LR 5.2 the shadows have re-appeared but when I go back into the adjustment brush the area I brushed is still there (showing red). I then moved the exposure slider to the right and the shadows duly burnt out as before. I think what has happened is that they have smoothed out the way the slider works, making it easier to use, but in moving over to 5.2 you will have to adjust the sliders to get the effect you had before. Sorry, I hope I have made myself clear. Most will not notice it unless you used the slider aggressively as I did in this case.

JJGEE
1 Aug 2013 - 9:57 AM

Gaucho,
If what you have described is in fact the case then Adobe will have another major issue which will irritate the users yet again ! !

Gaucho
1 Aug 2013 - 10:06 AM

I'll see if I can find another image to check it. As I said, I really was using it aggressively so in normal use it may not be noticed, but you are right, it should not happen.

lemmy
lemmy  71869 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Aug 2013 - 11:40 AM

Quote: They charge you all that money

I've always thought that Lightroom was one of the few bargains out there - especially amazing because Adobe are not noted for cheapness.

Quote: I just find the terminology and processes of Lightroom far more intuitive than Photoshop.

I second that. Once I'd understood the database nature of Lightroom, it was like I'd always used it.

JJGEE
3 Aug 2013 - 12:36 PM

One of the new additions is the smoothness slider for color noise reduction.
I do not have many examples to try it out on but found a shot of some star trails and whilst not a good shot I think one can see the effect of this new slider

Smoothness slider set to 0 smoff.jpg smon.jpg Smoothness slider set to 100

Gaucho
3 Aug 2013 - 5:44 PM

That looks good. Did you have the colour noise reduction set as well?

JJGEE
3 Aug 2013 - 6:03 PM

Quote: Did you have the colour noise reduction set as well?

Yes, herewith an example with it Color Noise Reduction completely off, that is, set to 0

off cnoff.jpg 1-smon.jpg on - with smoothness slider - as above

Last Modified By JJGEE at 3 Aug 2013 - 6:09 PM
Jestertheclown
10 Aug 2013 - 11:21 PM

Has anyone heard anything about this 'fix' yet?

I'm using the rc at the moment.

JJGEE
11 Aug 2013 - 10:45 AM

I would have thought at least another couple of weeks taking it to a month after the rc releases.

You do realise Adobe have to, first, create some new bugs to introduce into the final release of 5.2 Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.