Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Lightroom Catalog Problem

MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
30 Apr 2013 6:53PM
I have a genuine version of Lightroom 3 which I have been using quite happily since I bought it. However when I opened it up yesterday I got the message ' The Lightroom Catalog 'Name of catalog' cannot be opened because another application already has it open. Quit the other copy of Lightroom before trying to launch.'

I haven't got another copy of lightroom open but I cannot get into the default catalog that I have been using. I have updated a previous catalog but this does not show me what has been processed.

How do I find out where the other application is and quit it so that I can use the version of the catalog that I have been working on for a number of months?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
30 Apr 2013 7:01PM
30 Apr 2013 7:16PM
i get this - log off - log on - uusually sorts it and that is LR4 or Beta LR5
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
30 Apr 2013 7:17PM
Thanks very much Jeff, worked a treat and everything back to normal, much obliged
Dave_Canon 8 939 United Kingdom
1 May 2013 5:37PM
I had something similar a few weeks ago and the tip above would have been useful. I had assumed that the catalogue had not closed properly so did not think that I could easily recover. However, I regularly back up the catalogue on another computer and just reverted to the backup. It is certainly well worth regularly saving a backup of the catalogue as well as the images.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.