Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom is Crap

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Sylar
Sylar  578 forum posts England
28 Jun 2011 - 8:42 PM

I get stressed as I am obsessed with photography, and I suffer from chronic insomnia.

Sorry guys, with me being so petulant.

I shall just use CS5 to edit my photos, and use bridge for organising them.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jun 2011 - 8:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

marc484ie
marc484ie  731 forum posts Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2011 - 9:21 PM

Quote: I run LR 3.4.1 on my win7 64bit computer with 8Gb of ram. All very legal.

Lightroom has always been flaky but recently I purchased TTG Highslide Gallery CE and TTG Cart CE and installed both plugins into LR.

Disaster. Blue screen after blue screen.

It damaged the registry and eventually windows would not even start.

Yesterday, after 4 days of trying to find out what had happened (checking for virus, malaware etc) I solved the problem when I realised that the ram memory voltage was slightly higher than the motherboard supported. 8 Gb of new 1.5v ram memory and voila I was able to repair the registry, fire windows back up and run the offending plugins within LR. Worked a dream, no problems at all.

My reason for telling this is yo should be methodical in trying to find out what the problem could be. Don't try all the possible solutions at once but one at a time. Eventually you will find out what the problem is by a process of elimination.

Just hope it is easier to solve than my problem was. I even bought a new 1TB hard disk thinking the HD could be giving up the ghost. Got plenty of extra storage nowWink

Steve

Well done steve!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014028 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2011 - 9:46 PM

Quote: The master awakens. Evidently your opinion is the only one that ever counts.

Nope - just pointing out that individual experiences are.... em... individual.

Quote: So fix the problem for Sylar.

Well I did ask for more info as have others but never got any, so I don't think anyone will be able to help.

User_Removed
28 Jun 2011 - 9:48 PM

Quote: So fix the problem for Sylar.

Rather watch you chime in with your "helpful" input Wink

redsnappa
redsnappa  111900 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jun 2011 - 10:19 PM

At the school where I work we have a suite of 31 imacs & photoshop cs5 will randomly crash on about one third of them, this still happens after numerous reinstalls of osx & CS5 & we have run hardware checks but the problem still reoccurs.

It seems that adobe these days is putting profit before the quality of its products.

MrGoatsmilk
29 Jun 2011 - 10:12 AM

Mmmmmm Have the internet Police been editing this thread? 2 posts (tongue in cheek 1 of which I posted) that were there this morning seem to have disappeared. Not even allowed to have a laugh or a smile on EPZ anymore then?

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Jun 2011 - 10:58 AM

'Rather watch you chime in with your "helpful" input' - Not sure Im comfortable with it, but that would make us equals.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014028 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2011 - 11:40 AM

Quote: Mmmmmm Have the internet Police been editing this thread? 2 posts (tongue in cheek 1 of which I posted) that were there this morning seem to have disappeared. Not even allowed to have a laugh or a smile on EPZ anymore then?

Nope - nothing deleted at all on this thread.

MODERATOR POST
MrGoatsmilk
29 Jun 2011 - 11:51 AM

Quote:
Nope - nothing deleted at all on this thread.

Probably me reading the wrong thread or something and getting them confused, I am tired today, got an 18 month old who is teething and we saw every hour last night.

Last Modified By MrGoatsmilk at 29 Jun 2011 - 11:52 AM
MrGoatsmilk
29 Jun 2011 - 11:53 AM

Yep it's me I just checked and it was a different thread. I am a right Male Chicken Tongue

Sorry I'm off to hang my head in shame now........

lobsterboy
29 Jun 2011 - 12:10 PM

No worries - we all make mistakes. I made one once...

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2011 - 12:24 PM

Oh surely not! Grin

keithh
keithh  1022791 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2011 - 12:56 PM

Of course he did - it's in brackets next to his name

User_Removed
29 Jun 2011 - 1:01 PM

LOL!

lobsterboy
29 Jun 2011 - 1:15 PM

i knew a bright chap like Keith would spot it Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.