Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom Lens COrrection

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    gavrelle
    gavrelle  230 forum posts England
    4 Sep 2012 - 7:34 PM

Dear All,
    I have lightroom 4. However it seems not to list a couple of my Nikon Lenses, 28-70 F2.8 and 28-85 . Does anyone have manual settings which are reliable for me to use??

Kyle Tallett

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Sep 2012 - 7:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    4 Sep 2012 - 8:20 PM

Good News Kyle.

Adobe have a download of a free Lens Profiler that will enable you to easily create a custom profile for any lens.

Download Here

gavrelle
    gavrelle  230 forum posts England
    4 Sep 2012 - 8:24 PM

many thanks

Dave_Canon
    5 Sep 2012 - 11:27 AM

When this lens correction was introduced in LR3, I downloaded the Lens Profiler as I planned to produce individual profiles even if all my lenses were already included. The first thing I discovered was that all my lenses were included and the corrections looked pretty good. Nevertheless I took a look at the Lens Profiler process. I would need a test chart and take around 100 images in different settings etc. probaby several hours work for each lens so I became less enthusiatic. However, I understand that once you have taken the set of images, it is then straightforward as the Adobe Labs software will sort them from the EXIF data and automatically produces the profile with little further involvement. Given that you do not have the profiles and they are not being offered in the next upgrade LR 4.2 (see another thread), you may have to have a go at producing profiles. If you do so, it would be interesting to hear how you get on.

I also understand that there may be an alternative. There is also a Profile Downloader available from Adobe Labs and I understand that this will give you access to other profiles created in the Adobe Community which may include those you are looking for. Finally, you could try requesting that Adobe provide the profiles; presumably if enough people ask it may get priority.

Dave

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.