Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom missing pictures

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Daffy1
    Daffy1  6336 forum posts Ireland
    30 Mar 2013 - 4:10 PM

Lightroom says my pictures missing and won't copy or import from my hard drive or my external hard drive, but all my pictures are there. It says they have a diiferent name or something HELP !!!??? Damian

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Mar 2013 - 4:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Mar 2013 - 4:26 PM

Maybe you've moved their location?

If you point at the ? You can tellLR where they are Smile

tatkinson1983
    30 Mar 2013 - 9:03 PM

What Cats_123 said.
    You will have moved the original raws to a different folder. From the Library screen, on the left hand side you will see which folder it thinks they are in. There is probably a "?" symbol there now. Right click and click on where it says locate files. Then just navigate to where you moved them.

mikehit
    mikehit  56474 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Mar 2013 - 9:38 PM

Have you moved them using Windows (mac?) Explorer? If so LR will lose track of them.

Alternatively windows has a nasty habit of renaming external drives which confuses LR.

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    30 Mar 2013 - 10:51 PM

Sometimes, if you are plugging and unplugging external drives, card readers, etc., the letters (e,g, E:, F:, G:, etc) assigned to your external drives can change. If this happens, Lightroom loses track of your file locations and you need to address the problem as indicated above.

mikehit
    mikehit  56474 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Mar 2013 - 11:31 PM

I shoudlhave added last time that if you find the problem is that Windows is relabelling an external drive you can rename it manually, but make sure you assign it a letter of J or higher - it is the lower letter drivenames that it plays around with. The higher letters will be maintained iven if you plug it into a different USB port.

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    31 Mar 2013 - 3:35 PM

Quote: I shoudlhave added last time that if you find the problem is that Windows is relabelling an external drive you can rename it manually, but make sure you assign it a letter of J or higher - it is the lower letter drivenames that it plays around with. The higher letters will be maintained iven if you plug it into a different USB port.

That's good to know, Mike. Where do you learn those obscure but valuable pieces of wisdom?

Phil_Restan
    31 Mar 2013 - 4:22 PM

Quote: I shoudlhave added last time that if you find the problem is that Windows is relabelling an external drive you can rename it manually, but make sure you assign it a letter of J or higher - it is the lower letter drivenames that it plays around with. The higher letters will be maintained iven if you plug it into a different USB port.

Thanks Mike, that's really useful info, I get that problem regularly with my back up drives, they get renamed and my back up program fails. I'll now rename them and see how it goes

Last Modified By Phil_Restan at 31 Mar 2013 - 4:23 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.