Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom problem

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Colin Smale
25 Oct 2011 - 7:36 PM

lr-mg-3006.jpg I open raw files in Lightroom 2 and one or two of them suddenly get boxed up in pink. Any idea what's happening?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Oct 2011 - 7:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2011 - 7:38 PM

Looks like a corrupt file Sad

mikehit
mikehit  56553 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2011 - 8:22 PM

Have you tried opening them in another program?

Colin Smale
25 Oct 2011 - 8:50 PM

I use LR to open/edit my raw files. Luckily I don't move them from card to a folder, I copy them so I can still retrieve the odd ones that go pink, still in raw of course.

marc484ie
marc484ie  731 forum posts Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2011 - 7:12 AM

Have you tried a new graphics adapter driver. It looks like corrupt graphics drivers. Go to your computer manufacters web site and download the lastest drivers from there.

Good Luck

Colin Smale
26 Oct 2011 - 8:46 AM

Ahh, that sounds right, will do. Thanx Marc.

Colin Smale
27 Oct 2011 - 12:24 PM

Did that, problem remains. Is there any way I can check (somehow) to see if..e.g. graphics card is working ok or has had it? Assuming that might be the problem. Sad

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2011 - 1:15 PM

If it is a duff graphics card it will not effect the underlying file, so open it in Lightroom and export it to a low res jpeg. Then if you can open the jpeg okay you know the original file wasn't corrupt.

I've seen very similar results when copying files using a card reader that wasn't true USB2 compatible. To eliminate this, plug in your camera and copy directly from that to your computer.

Ian

Colin Smale
28 Oct 2011 - 10:23 AM

I opened this single file in a different programme and got the message "This image is currupted" so maybe it's the memory card. It's not one of the cheapo cards, well known well respected make.

digicammad
28 Oct 2011 - 10:27 AM

Before you bin the card, try copying straight from camera as I suggested, it could be your card reader.

Colin Smale
28 Oct 2011 - 11:07 AM

Yep, that looks like the answer, it's the card reader. Thanx for that info.

digicammad
28 Oct 2011 - 11:09 AM

Glad that worked for you. At least new card readers are pretty cheap.

Colin Smale
28 Oct 2011 - 11:28 AM

I was thinking, probably best to take pics straight out of camera as you suggested. Wink

digicammad
28 Oct 2011 - 11:37 AM

I would get another card reader Colin, saves wear and tear on the flap covering the USB port. Smile

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2011 - 11:44 AM

Quote: I would get another card reader Colin, saves wear and tear on the flap covering the USB port. Smile

Second that. I broke my card reader (sat on it Sad ) and started using the usb cable straight from the camera but the rubber weather proof flap gets loose quite quickly and so I have got a new card reader from Picstop - there are lots to choose from!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.