Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightroom vs Photoshop vs Other... What do you use?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

minicooper
21 Jun 2011 - 1:33 PM

I use Photoshop Elements 9 and Portrait Professinal, tried full photoshop found I didn't reaally need it been thinking about light room seems more use friendy than ps.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Jun 2011 - 1:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

johnriley1uk
johnriley1uk e2 Member 1026 forum postsjohnriley1uk vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2011 - 1:40 PM

Photoshop. I started with Photoshop 6 and also stuck with it ever since. It does all the things I need it to.

KevSB
KevSB  101405 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2011 - 1:50 PM

Quote: Digital Photo Professional for converting and managing raw files, Photoshop for certain effects and tasks.

If I dealt in 100's of images a week and needed more cataloguing and tagging abilities I'd possibly go for Adobe Lightroom but I much prefer the raw engine in DPP.

Very much Ditto on this Dpp is excellent piece of software when doing batch editing followed by CS4 For doing more selective editing on individuel shots, Both programmes work togther for transfer of images, both drag and drop and menu transfer of raw images.

Last Modified By KevSB at 21 Jun 2011 - 1:54 PM
Railcam
Railcam  7465 forum posts Scotland
21 Jun 2011 - 2:02 PM

Another LR3 user here. For layers etc I use Serif PhotoPlus X3. I have PhotoShop CS2 but I find Serif so much easier for my simple tasks.

Dave_Canon
21 Jun 2011 - 2:36 PM

Lightroom 3 but also using PS CS4, Oloneo, Photomatix, Topaz and Portrait Professional as needed. If Adobe added layers, cloning and channels to LR, I would probably not need to use Photoshop.

Dave

AlanPerkins
21 Jun 2011 - 3:40 PM

What do I use? - Photoshop
Why? - Habit - I'm too lazy to change Wink

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2011 - 3:52 PM

As a Linux user I use Bibble Pro and The Gimp.

G6DDS
G6DDS e2 Member 5231 forum postsG6DDS vcard Scotland
21 Jun 2011 - 3:55 PM

I use CS5 as it is what i'm use to, have Lightroom 3 but think i've looked at in once. Been familiar with CS for years now so just stick with it.

JohnParminter
21 Jun 2011 - 6:25 PM

Nikon Transfer, Nikon ViewNX2, Nikon CaptureNX2, Elements 5.

I use a Nikon camera.

carbonbianchi
21 Jun 2011 - 9:09 PM

I've always used Photoshop but when Lightroom 2 came out I got it and have never looked back. I have LR3 now and only now use CS5 for cloning complex selections out. Everything else I need to do can be done in LR and more quickly than I could do in Photoshop.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2011 - 10:51 AM

These days ACR+ CS5 for RAW, CS5 only for JPEG.

I could - I am sure - do a lot more in ACR, but I'm so used to using Photoshop, I find it easier to just take the image straight into CS5 from ACR once the basic RAW conversion has been done. The easy integration of the two bits of software make for a rapid workflow.

I don't need anything like Lightroom for the volume of images I process (I'm not a machine-gunner! Wink)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.