Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Lightroom3

Graywolf e2
7 999 United Kingdom
4 May 2011 4:54PM
OK So I have Lightroom 3 and I have just picked up my copy of Martin evening's book 'Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3' and I have fallen at the first hurdle.

On page 10 it refers to figure 1.4 to show how to run in 64 bit mode. ( I am running it on a macbook pro with 8gig of memory. I cannot find this window anywhere.

I mean this tome has 600pp + and I'm stuck on page 10!!

Doesn't say much for me.

Can anyone help?

Please

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graywolf e2
7 999 United Kingdom
4 May 2011 4:57PM
OH but wait.... does it automatically install it as 64 bit if my OS is 64 bit. (I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.7)
Consulo e2
10 815 10 Scotland
4 May 2011 6:32PM
Look at the screen as it loads up. It should say what version it's running as it boots.
Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
4 May 2011 6:40PM
Graywolf,

if its for a Mac its probably 64 bit anyway, although a 64 bit OS should run a 32bit app without a problem. I run the same set up as you and its super fast.
Graywolf e2
7 999 United Kingdom
4 May 2011 7:57PM
I think it's running in 64 bit by default. Thanks for the replies.
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
4 May 2011 11:01PM
LR3 loads the version required for your computer automatically, If your system is 64bit it loads the 64bit version, If its 32bit it loads the 32bit version.

Makes no difference what operating system your running either, Its the same for Windows OS & Mac OS.....Smile Its purely system capability that dictates the bit version installed.

More Ram on whatever computer OS your using will help it run smoothly, For 64bit 8Gb is great but 16Gb is better etc, Those with 32bit machines can only install a max of 4Gb and hope that the system can see and deal with 3 to 3.5Gb ( approx ).

Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.