Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightweight, Travel tripod

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    RLB
    RLB e2 Member 643 forum postsRLB vcard United Kingdom
    29 Oct 2012 - 6:30 PM

I have already a 'Manfrotto 055xprob' tripod but can anybody recommend a much lighter & more compact Tripod to take 7D +Lens up to 70/300 mm as I find the 055xprob a little bit to heavy to take on my London shoots. Ray

Last Modified By RLB at 29 Oct 2012 - 6:31 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Oct 2012 - 6:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  46104 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2012 - 6:38 PM

Velbon Ultra Rexi-L.

It is a surpsisingly stable tripod and packs down to 30cm (plus head) and as a result I find if it is strapped to the side of a bag it does not sway around as much as my 190XProB. It is as light as the Manfrotto carbon fibre 'pods and also higher than the Manfrotto when fully extended.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/velbon-ultra-rexi-l-tripod-review-16157

I use it with my 7D +100-400 with no problem.

Last Modified By mikehit at 29 Oct 2012 - 6:38 PM
    User_Removed
    29 Oct 2012 - 7:44 PM

I have a 190cxProb which is slightly lighter than the 055 models but, frankly, it is not really sturdy enough for use outside in any sort of wind. The balance between lightness and sturdiness does bedevil any attempt to get a decent compromise.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314809 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2012 - 8:16 PM

Just get yourself a full sized tripod that packs shorter, these usually have an extra leg section.

Professional
    14 Nov 2012 - 9:42 PM

If you have a deep good budget then don't look less than Gitzo and/or ReallyRight Stuff CF tripods, i have only Gitzo CF tripods and i never never look back at another brands such as Manfrotto or Feisol or Velbon or Benro, sure they are pricey but they are high quality and stay with you for long long time, save for long time and for lifetime tripod or long term tripod, i have Manfrotto 190 XProB and Gitzo CF killed it out of water.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.