Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lightweight tripod

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7529 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
1 Jan 2013 - 2:56 PM

Should mention that a little WD40 frees up the twist locks on the Ultra Rexi; extend the legs, apply WD40 with a cloth then close legs so that it is transferred inside the leg sections. Works a treat and keeps damp out.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jan 2013 - 2:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes
1 Jan 2013 - 8:29 PM

Nice tip, will try that.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73817 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2013 - 8:49 PM

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions

AllyBoy
AllyBoy  892 forum posts United Kingdom
12 May 2013 - 8:48 PM

Anyone used a Manfrotto befree tripod yet????

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73817 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

In the end I bought the oben tripod whilst in New York, ok not as stable as the 055 but I was happy with the results. This was a 2 minute exposure in blustery conditions.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/nick-w-61515/gallery/photo/steps-to-manhatten-325...

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62431 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
14 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Quote:
Any other suggestions?

If you can find a convenient wall to place a folded jacket on you can do that, place the camera on the jacket and use delayed action to release the shutter.
Bear in mind if you buy a tripod in a shop in USA local taxes (rarely less than 10%) are added at the till, and on return to UK it is a crime not to go through customs and pay 20% VAT and any purchase tax. You can end up paying more than buying in UK.
When you book your ticket with many airlines it is possible to include a second case for a lot less than paying excess baggage. Prices have probably gone up since and I went to USA 5 years ago but this option cost only 25 extra in 2008.

keith selmes
14 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

There's a tax and duty free allowance isn't there ?

Edit:
You can bring in other goods worth up to 390 without having to pay tax and/or duty.

You must make a declaration to customs when entering the UK from non-EU countries if:
you exceed your allowances
the goods are for commercial use - see link below for information on merchandise in baggage
you have 10,000 euros or more (or its equivalent) in cash
you think you may have banned or restricted goods

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingnoneu.htm#1

Last Modified By keith selmes at 14 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.