Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Local Camera Clubs ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Geoffphoto
1 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

I judge Camera Club competitions here in Cornwall, If I see another bloody picture of St Michaels Mount I shall scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53546 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
1 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Is it the case that as part of a camera clubs affiliation to a regional body they are "obliged" to both enter and host multiple competitions all around the region?
If so are there too many of such competitions?

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
1 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

My club belongs to both SAPA and Southern Fed. We enter print and digital projection comps with SAPA but only the Digital projection League with SF.

Have a look at our programme and judge for yourself if there would be too many comps for you (we think its about right for our group but different people have different requirements) BCC prog

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
1 May 2012 - 1:20 PM

I last went to one 44 years ago,

when the good crumpet left!

Graham_Rainham

Quote: I judge Camera Club competitions here in Cornwall, If I see another bloody picture of St Michaels Mount I shall scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

I've seen just about every angle posible of the "London Eye"... Can you imagin what it will be like post Olympics Wink

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 May 2012 - 6:50 AM

Personally and currently I have little interest in camera club competitions however they are a great route for the aspiring photographer though bearing in mind previous caveats competitions are full of contradictions.

Again personally I find little interest in sitting in camera clubs once evenings start getting lighter preferring to spend my time outdoors; my own club's (Amersham PS) program commences in September and concludes mid to late May which suits the vast majority of members; I don't get interested until mid October and start losing interest late March/early April.

These are just my personal views as always "absorb what is useful".

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225749 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
2 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Quote: I last went to one 44 years ago,

when the good crumpet left!

Ah! A touch of honesty for once! Grin

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63281 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
4 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Quote: I judge Camera Club competitions here in Cornwall, If I see another bloody picture of St Michaels Mount I shall scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

Same here - Blackrock cottage in Glencoe & Eilean Donan Castle. Glasgow Science Centre is rapidly catching up as well.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
4 May 2012 - 8:17 AM

I must admit to having little interest in current camera club vogue here in South Bucks for street scenes and high key almost at the detriment of any other subject; luckily today's whims and fads will fall to the bottom of the pile to be followed by another fashion; the danger with the camera club mentality is that like begats like and some but not all members end up imititaing each other endeavouring to chase success within the club world; I have no issue with that ideal it is just that it is a part of the whole genre of photography that doesn't interest me .... at the moment.

Perhaps when a subject becomes popular that I like I may start taking interest again luckily weddings, events, stock and teaching keep my cameras busy and me out of mischief.

Peter.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.