Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Locate Stolen Images

21 Aug 2008 8:39AM
This could be very useful to locate images that have been stolen...

Tineye.com

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
21 Aug 2008 8:56AM
Been discussed several times. IMHO it doesn't work at all.
21 Aug 2008 9:08AM
Outstanding piece of software. I'm searching as already.

Cheers Dave. This ought to be flagged up by Pete & the crew more prominently.

Edit: Abwitt, When they've built the search data it will. Do you have any others we could try.

jk
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
21 Aug 2008 9:17AM
Agree with Frank. Been a member for a while and the database is hardly growing at all. The idea is brilliant but it needs a huge injection of VC to get it of the ground. Wouldn't mind betting one of the 'Big Boys' (Google etc) snap this up for a song and give it what it needs to fly.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
21 Aug 2008 9:23AM

Quote:Outstanding piece of software. I'm searching as already.

Cheers Dave. This ought to be flagged up by Pete & the crew more prominently.

Edit: Abwitt, When they've built the search data it will.
jk

It might well work well in the future, in it's current state, IMHO it doesn't. As I have said previously, I found several of my shots used in a local webpage, (obviously without my permission) did a search with tineye, and it never found a single one of them. I have had it installed as a add on in Firefox for quite some time, and it have tried it loads of times without success. I like the idea of it, a great idea, and I hope it does develop into something useable.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
21 Aug 2008 9:27AM

Quote:Agree with Frank. Been a member for a while and the database is hardly growing at all. The idea is brilliant but it needs a huge injection of VC to get it of the ground. .

Agree entirely. I think the previous poster is passing comment with very little experience of using it. At first read, it does look great, but the the performance doesn't match the hype. Hopefully, it will be developed further, we all agree, it's a great idea. Previously, some have said they have found some of their photos being used using tineye, so perhaps it works for some, but if it returns a zero find, it does not mean it's not being used anywhere.
21 Aug 2008 9:40AM
Mike/Frank is there anything else out there you've both tried and had success with, i'm keen to see if any of my stuff has been used elsewhere.

jk
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
21 Aug 2008 9:43AM
Nothing that I'm aware of - which is why this should be attractive...
21 Aug 2008 9:46AM
I'll keep it loaded in FF and see how it develops. Lets hope the Googlemonster comes along and snaffles it up.

jk
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
21 Aug 2008 10:19AM

Quote:Nothing that I'm aware of - which is why this should be attractive...

Quote:Mike/Frank is there anything else out there you've both tried and had success with, i'm keen to see if any of my stuff has been used elsewhere.

jk

No, nothing I know about either. : ( I found some of my photos, more by accident really. I was doing a search of some places in the local area, and clicked on google images, and came across some there. Lots to go through, obviously, but up they popped, some being used by a local caravan park, and some by a guest house. I threatened them both with legal action, (bit of a bluff obviously!) and surprise, surprise, they both took them down.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.