Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Location box

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    wasper
    wasper e2 Member 8532 forum postswasper vcard Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2006 - 5:41 PM

May I make a suggestion to the site designers, is to include a location box. As sometimes people don't insert the location of the photo. I am always curious about where was the photo taken.
    Granted some people volunteer the info, but alot don't.
    Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Aug 2006 - 5:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

aftertherain
    22 Aug 2006 - 7:28 PM

I have to admit to not voting on photo's because the photographer can't be bothered to fill in details of the location.
    My feeling is, if they can't be bothered why should I.

A good description along with a good photograph gets my vote every time Smile
    Merl

DiegoDesigns
    22 Aug 2006 - 7:39 PM

Isn't it a little churlish not to vote on a shot that you may consider to be perfectly good, because the author hasn't told you where it is? Surely a simple request in your comment would be enough. I like to provide lots of information with my submissions, but would not deny someone positive feedback simply because of their omission.

I do think a 'Location' box would be of benefit as although there is a Photo Locations page, it can't show everything.

Dave

maljohns
    maljohns  10431 forum posts Wales
    22 Aug 2006 - 8:13 PM

Wouldn't a location box only apply to landcapes though?

aftertherain
    22 Aug 2006 - 8:15 PM

Quote: Isn't it a little churlish not to vote on a shot that you may consider to be perfectly good, because the author hasn't told you where it is

Absolutely - it's my Victor meldrew syndrome - I'm afraid there's no cure for it.

As I say if the photographer can't be bothered, why should I?

danielle1987
    22 Aug 2006 - 8:17 PM

I think it would apply to aminal shots too. I just put in a question about where to photograph squirrels as I couldnt find a lot of information on portfolios. I wouldnt not click a good picture because I didnt know its location but its a good idea to fill in the loaction box so that others who really like the shot can get hints of where to go for certain subjects and viewpoints they might otherwise not know about. At the end of thr day it would be nice but you cant force people its going to be down to personal perference.

aftertherain
    22 Aug 2006 - 8:21 PM

Quote: get hints of where to go for certain subjects and viewpoints they might otherwise not know about

You'll find some people are very possesive of their locations and you'd have to pull out their fingernails before they'd tell you where it was taken Smile

danielle1987
    22 Aug 2006 - 8:28 PM

Quote: You'll find some people are very possesive of their locations and you'd have to pull out their fingernails before they'd tell you where it was taken Smile

I have found actually people are very helpful if you take the time to ask them.

xwang
    xwang  431 forum posts7 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2009 - 11:20 AM

I agree with wasper, I just saw some photos "located" on the map of Beijing, unfortunately they are not,because I'm from there.

Picture_Newport
    16 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

Quote: Wouldn't a location box only apply to landcapes though?

I always try to include location info for my Landscape and Architecture images as this info in useful for others wishing to visit the area.

But as Malcolm implies, there is no need to state the location of a Studio Shot or Images taken in your own home.

Perhaps a 'Location Box' could appear once the 'Landscape' box has been checked.

Paul

Chrism8
    Chrism8 e2 Member 7729 forum postsChrism8 vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

It's already there, at the bottom of the screen when you upload, granted many may not use it, I tend to put the location and other camera related info into the text with the image.

Chris

Anthony
    Anthony  125643 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

and you can choose the location from the map, and include the co ordinates as a direct link.

Anthony

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.