Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Location ideas please.

ikett 4 352 England
1 Feb 2013 10:21AM
The wife on short notice like an hour ago has been asked to go on a course at Manchester University Didsbury campus, the person booked on the course has taken ill.

The problem I've been voulenteered to drive around 25 miles each way, I'm wondering if anyone knows any photo locations that I can while a few hours away, and save some mileage?

It's not an area I know and my friend google has let me down (or more likely I asked the wrong questions)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

emmaK22 e2
3 55 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2013 11:59AM
Hi ikett,

ePHOTOzine has a Photo Locations page that may be of help.

Emma
ikett 4 352 England
1 Feb 2013 12:19PM
Hi Emma, already looked there nothing in that area, thanks for the input though.

Ian
KevSB 10 1.4k 5 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2013 12:32PM
Tatton park at knutsford may be viable, 15 miles away, large park with verious things to see and do http://www.tattonpark.org.uk/

I go often during the year and pas Jodrall Bank on the way, always wanted to go visit that but unfortunetly never get the chance
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
1 Feb 2013 1:22PM
Styal Mill & park isn't far away on the way to Wilmslow.
Didsbury village itself is quite interesting for street photography.
(Very pretentious inhabitants there!)
ikett 4 352 England
1 Feb 2013 1:46PM
Hi KevSB, I've been to Tatton park not thought of it though, mansion is National trust and I think the grounds are council owned, my be wrong so don't quote me, will bear it in mind.

Hi aidrian_w, styal mill is also National trust was there just before christmas, Didsbury village sounds interesting can imagine it full of students, I'll fire up google and have a look.

Thanks chaps for the ideas, appreciated.
1 Feb 2013 6:22PM
Why not try salford quays well worth a visit

David
ikett 4 352 England
1 Feb 2013 6:37PM
Hi David, Didsbury to Salford Quays may as well drive home, I can remember Salford docks now quays working as docks, ships coming down the Manchester ship canal, go there often I'm now feeling very old.

Thanks for the idea.

Ian
Railcam 8 481 Scotland
1 Feb 2013 6:45PM
There is another NT property at Dunham Park. It is a deer park and contains Dunham Massey Hall. It is just SW of Altrincham.
ikett 4 352 England
1 Feb 2013 6:55PM
Thanks Railcam one of the "Cheshire 7" I was loooking for lesser known places, thanks for taking the time to contribute.

Ian
1 Feb 2013 8:48PM
Lyme Park is about 10 miles away, towards Stockport, some good opportunities there

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.