Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Locations please

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JanieB43
    JanieB43 e2 Member 547 forum postsJanieB43 vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Aug 2011 - 8:05 AM

Im off to Snowdonia staying in Betwys y Coed Aug bank holiday. Can anyone suggest any easy to get to great landscape/seascape locations? Thanks. Jane

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Aug 2011 - 8:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Aug 2011 - 8:16 AM

Hi Janie

Buy yourself a good map of the area and stick a pin in it. Smile

Cwm Idwal near Bethesda is a great place, you have Llyn Ogwen in the valley, the the Cwm and Llyn Idwal and a cracking view in pretty much any direction.

Then you have Capel Curig, views along the lake to Snowdon.

Beddgelert and the Glaslyn pass are worth a trip, you can wall along the pass then over the top by the old mine workings and drop down the other side, coming out by the Sygun copper mine.

There are some lovely locations on Anglesey for seascapes, including Penmon Point and Treaddur Bay. If the tide is right it is worth a trip to the other side of Caernarfon Castle, from there you can get reflections of the castle in the river.

Pete (Goggz) is an expert on this area and hopefully should be around before too long.

Hope this helps

Ian

Louise_Morris
    Louise_Morris e2 Member 32142 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
    1 Aug 2011 - 8:31 AM

Lake Vyrnwy & surrounding area - including mountain road to Bala - is also a good option. Lou

mad-dogs
    mad-dogs  112201 forum posts England
    1 Aug 2011 - 8:39 AM

Search the forums for Snowdonia - there have been several threads covering locations there.

You would probably enjoy Bodnant Gardens near Llanrwst ( Betws to Conwy road ), then on to Conwy for the castle and quayside.

Slate museums in Llanberis ( - but Bank Holidays mean the place will be crowded ) followed by a drive from Llanberis to Beddgelert via Nant Gwynant. Then down the Aberglaslyn Pass ( the Indo-China border in the film The Inn of the Sixth Happiness with Audrey Hepburn ) to Tremadoc / Porthmadoc. The Welsh Highland Railway - steam trains, run through the Aberglaslyn Pass.
    Visit the caves on Blackrock Sands near Borth y Guest. Then head for Ffestiniog via Penrhyndeudraeth ( Porthmerion - Italian village where the Prisoner was filmed ). Slate mines in ffestiniog, then back to Betws via the Crimea Pass and Dolwyddelan ( Castle ).

If you are into exploring, you can explore the Llanberis slate quarries - go up the zig-zags by the Padarn Railway ( I used to explore the quarries after school when they were still being worked ).

The Ceunant Waterfall in Llanberis is spectacular - further up the river from Snowdon Railway station.

Last Modified By mad-dogs at 1 Aug 2011 - 9:01 AM
    mad-dogs
    mad-dogs  112201 forum posts England
    1 Aug 2011 - 9:18 AM

If you go to Bodnant / Conwy, you can return to Betws via a scenic route by following the A55 ( West ) to Bangor and then follow the A5 back to Betws via the Nant Ffrancon, Ogwen and Capel Curig.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.