Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Log Me In remote access to PCs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    philtaylorphoto
    22 Mar 2009 - 12:19 PM

Anyone else used 'Log Me In' remote access software?

Basically, you install a small piece of software on the PC you wish to access, and it 'listens' for contacts. Once a remote user logs in, you can control the machine, as if you were sat in front of it.

It's a bit spooky to watch it happen, unless you work in an organisation that uses remote support for users.

It's certainly freaky to watch it happen.

Great for those people who need a friend to log in and sort out their computer problems too.

www.logmein.com

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Mar 2009 - 12:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

leeroe
    leeroe  12230 forum posts England
    22 Mar 2009 - 1:04 PM

I used it for a while and its very good, but I then dicovered a program called Tight VNC, which does exactly the same but there is no monthly fee.

I use Tight vnc all the time, and now prefer it becasue its free.

Just do a google for it

Regards
    Lee

philtaylorphoto
    22 Mar 2009 - 1:17 PM

Looked at VNC, and it looked complicated. For personal use, Log Me In is free.

paulcr
    paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2009 - 2:51 PM

Looked at Log me in. Its free for 30 days only. Paul

philtaylorphoto
    22 Mar 2009 - 3:04 PM

It's free for 30 days for the Pro version, then it reverts to the free version. I've decided to revert to the free version before then anyway.

Tony_W
    Tony_W  7128 forum posts5 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2009 - 5:51 PM

I've used a number of remote support/access applications over a number of years and most allowed me access to do what I wanted when I needed remote access.

The real question to ask yourself is not what application do I use, but 'do I need a remote connection?'
    By having a remote app listening for connections on your workstation you are making it more vulnerable to unwanted access. It's a bit like hiding the key under the mat, the doors locked but if you know where to look you can get in. Far better to just have the door locked and the key in your pocket.

For distance support I have the user enable VNC server (the listening part) when needed, that way there is less chance of a compromise and the workstation isn't running applications needlessly.

Cheers,
    Tony

BubbaG2000
    22 Mar 2009 - 6:12 PM

Log Me In is a very useful tool. Even the free stuff! I install it on many machines I think I will need access to and it hasn't let me down yet!

chrispeterson
    5 Jul 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hey, I have used logmein and it works really well. Another option is on premise solution such as deploying RHUB remote support appliances (www.rhubcom.com).

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.