Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Lomo Lubitel 2

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
10 Jun 2012 5:38PM
I`d always fancied a medium format Lomo but found some of the prices just crazy.

Today I picked up a Lubitel 2 for a silly cheap price, its in good nick and seems to work well.

I`m looking for recommendations for processing and scanning, I`m not looking at or interested in scanning my own negatives.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
10 Jun 2012 5:44PM
Try Peak Imaging Paul - they are excellent and can provide both the processing and the scanning services you are looking for. Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
10 Jun 2012 5:57PM
Thanks Mike

Now I`ve got a good camera I might book a few weddings Smile Smile
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2012 6:00PM
Paul - handy hint. Watch the back of the camera. I bought one last year and just as I reached the end of the first role of film I came a cropper when the back pinged open on the gentlest of touches.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
10 Jun 2012 6:03PM
Thanks yes I`ve already checked that, its so stiff i had a job lifting the two spring catches, looks like it only ever got to see light use, and there`s not a mark on it.

I would more than likely tape the back once I`ve loaded a film just to be safe.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
10 Jun 2012 7:34PM
Don't confuse the Lubitel 2 with Lomo.

Lubitel 2 was a seriously good TLR which, although only costing about 5 new, could match much more expensive TLRs for image quality. In a sense Lubitel was to Rollei what the Zenit-B was to Canon. Cheaper, (much) less robustly constructed, but super image quality.
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2012 9:24PM

Quote:could match much more expensive TLRs

I remember when the British Journal ran a test against Rollie and was amazed at the result.
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
10 Jun 2012 9:54PM
Left Forum must be older than me ............ my Lubitel cost me 13 in the late 70s (and that included a leather case and cable release).
I always taped the back shut 'just in case' - I had heard about possible light leakage problems.
It is still sitting upstairs - and yes, it gave some really good results.
petebfrance 2 1.3k United Kingdom
10 Jun 2012 10:28PM
I used on of these:
Flexora
it cost me 10 in about 1975.
Rollei and Yashica were too expensive.
Results were OK, but as I didn't develop / print my own it was really just for fun.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
10 Jun 2012 11:30PM

Quote:Don't confuse the Lubitel 2 with Lomo

It is a Lomo, it always has been.

Last time I used one was about 30 years ago, one I had borrowed and used it for the large group photo`s at a wedding, yes closed down a few stops its fine.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.