Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lomo Lubitel 2

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2012 - 5:38 PM

I`d always fancied a medium format Lomo but found some of the prices just crazy.

Today I picked up a Lubitel 2 for a silly cheap price, its in good nick and seems to work well.

I`m looking for recommendations for processing and scanning, I`m not looking at or interested in scanning my own negatives.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Jun 2012 - 5:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    10 Jun 2012 - 5:44 PM

Try Peak Imaging Paul - they are excellent and can provide both the processing and the scanning services you are looking for. Smile

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2012 - 5:57 PM

Thanks Mike

Now I`ve got a good camera I might book a few weddings Smile Smile

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82201 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom119 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2012 - 6:00 PM

Paul - handy hint. Watch the back of the camera. I bought one last year and just as I reached the end of the first role of film I came a cropper when the back pinged open on the gentlest of touches.

Paul Morgan
    10 Jun 2012 - 6:03 PM

Thanks yes I`ve already checked that, its so stiff i had a job lifting the two spring catches, looks like it only ever got to see light use, and there`s not a mark on it.

I would more than likely tape the back once I`ve loaded a film just to be safe.

User_Removed
    10 Jun 2012 - 7:34 PM

Don't confuse the Lubitel 2 with Lomo.

Lubitel 2 was a seriously good TLR which, although only costing about 5 new, could match much more expensive TLRs for image quality. In a sense Lubitel was to Rollei what the Zenit-B was to Canon. Cheaper, (much) less robustly constructed, but super image quality.

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92967 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2012 - 9:24 PM

Quote: could match much more expensive TLRs

I remember when the British Journal ran a test against Rollie and was amazed at the result.

kaybee
    kaybee  93695 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2012 - 9:54 PM

Left Forum must be older than me ............ my Lubitel cost me 13 in the late 70s (and that included a leather case and cable release).
    I always taped the back shut 'just in case' - I had heard about possible light leakage problems.
    It is still sitting upstairs - and yes, it gave some really good results.

petebfrance
    10 Jun 2012 - 10:28 PM

I used on of these:
    Flexora
    it cost me 10 in about 1975.
    Rollei and Yashica were too expensive.
    Results were OK, but as I didn't develop / print my own it was really just for fun.

Paul Morgan
    10 Jun 2012 - 11:30 PM

Quote: Don't confuse the Lubitel 2 with Lomo

It is a Lomo, it always has been.

Last time I used one was about 30 years ago, one I had borrowed and used it for the large group photo`s at a wedding, yes closed down a few stops its fine.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.