Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

London night photography trip 09/01/10

Beckyphotos 7 24 1 United Kingdom
25 Dec 2009 10:22AM
Hiya,

I would like to go to London and take some night photography shots - however I don't feel safe doing it on my own and it's not fair to expect my other half to stand around while I take pictures! Does anyone fancy meeting up and walking around the South Bank and other landmarks like Trafalger Square etc for a night photography session some time soon?

It would be good to do it whilst some of the Christmas lights are still up, and also perhaps when it's been raining as the lights will reflect off the floor and puddles.

Perhaps a week night when there are less people about.

Many Thanks,

Becky

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PP e2
13 222 England
25 Dec 2009 3:52PM
Might be interested in this, but would need to be a Saturday or Sunday for me. South Bank would be good, plenty of buildings along there I would like to get evening shots of.

Phil
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
25 Dec 2009 7:15PM
What dates did you have in mind ?.
James_G 7 166 5
25 Dec 2009 11:27PM
Sounds good, depending on dates etc. But I'd like to join you... James.
filmforever 7 695
26 Dec 2009 4:03PM

Quote:Hiya

Perhaps a week night when there are less people about

i've done quite a bit of photography along the South Bank, and I reckon you're safer when there's MORE people about. There are nearly always plenty of people about (often mainly tourists) along this stretch, whatever the night. Your fears (although) understandable are probably more imagined than real.
27 Dec 2009 12:49AM
weekend would be better for me too.

just name the time and place, and i'll be there.........................

with me stab vest and a handfull of insurance policies! :O)
filmforever 7 695
27 Dec 2009 11:11AM
Don't forget your "I'm not a terrorist---I'm a photographer T-shirt" !
28 Dec 2009 12:32PM
Yeah probably am safer when there's more people about - just thought it might be better for our pictures when there's less people to get in the way and trip over our gear etc. I did try doing some photography on my own and I do tend to attract the strange people! So not 'imagined' thanks filmforever...different for you - you're not a young looking girl! Actually saying that I have no idea what you look like or what sex you are coz there's no picture of you! I'd rather feel free to concentrate on my photography rather than looking over my shoulder every few seconds.

Okay everyone seems to be saying a weekend is better for them so lets go with that. James G says he's staying in London week commencing 2nd Jan, so I'll check if he's still here on Fri 8th or Sat the 9th and we'll look at those dates...that okay with everyone??!

Get back to you all soon - watch this space!
28 Dec 2009 12:44PM
Sorry I got my last message a bit wrong - am checking with andytvcams re dates and not James! But James you can still come!!

Hopefully the Saturday will be okay - then Phil (pp) can come as well!

Thanks everyone
PP e2
13 222 England
28 Dec 2009 6:13PM
Saturday would be preferable for me, and 9th Jan currently ok.

Places I would like to do are St Pauls/Millenium Bridge, 1 London Bridge, and probably City Hall area. What are other peoples preferences, particularly around dusk (best time for evening photography)?

Phil
James_G 7 166 5
28 Dec 2009 6:29PM
Thanks Becky! Was amused to see that I was staying in London the week of the 2 Jan, given that I live here... Keep us posted. Best, James.
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
28 Dec 2009 6:34PM
I'm happy with the 9th as its only provisional that i can attend.
So i shall go with the flow. Smile
28 Dec 2009 6:49PM
Well Saturday the 9th is fine with me, I don't really mind where we go - if we meet up at Waterloo Station for coffee, about 3? We can discuss our route then. Perhaps a circular walk that includes as much as everyone would like to see as possible. Bring your google map print outs/ideas with you! James G - you got any idea seeing as you live there?

Please can everyone confirm whether they can or can't make it - I'm sure it will be a very productive evening. Would everyone that is coming please send me a private message with their mobile number on for comms closer to the time on and I'll reply with mine.

Many Thanks,

Becky
rowarrior e2
7 4.4k 9 Scotland
28 Dec 2009 7:01PM
Psst, if you post this in the meets forum you'll maybe have more coming out to play...
Badger e2
12 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2009 7:19PM
Or get a friendly moderator to move it... Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.