Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Long lens


eonisuk 7 108 England
18 May 2009 5:10PM

Quote:Quote:or will my 70-300 is do the job with a converterIt's already been pointed out that that lens isn't compatible with a Canon extender/converter.


i realise that but i was thinking of a say jessops one

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

eonisuk 7 108 England
18 May 2009 6:10PM
looking at the options and from what you people with knowledge have said i will probably go for the 400 5.6 get an 1.4 extender and use that between the 400 and my 70-200 2.8

right now i have to find one at the right price

thanks all

eon
18 May 2009 9:38PM

Quote:Looking at the options and from what you people with knowledge have said i will probably go for the 400 5.6 get an 1.4 extender and use that between the 400 and my 70-200 2.8

right now i have to find one at the right price

thanks all

eon



One other point that might help.
I use the Kenko pro 300 1.4X TC. I'm more than pleased with the results I get both with the 400mm F5.6 and with my Sigma 150mm. The Kenko will also fit where the Canon one will not and you'll save a few bob as well.
18 May 2009 10:27PM

Quote:right now i have to find one at the right price


This any good?
here
eonisuk 7 108 England
19 May 2009 11:04AM

Quote:Quote:right now i have to find one at the right priceThis any good?
here



thanks for that and i saw another lens that i didn't know about a 35-350 L lens

anyone got any info on this lens
eonisuk 7 108 England
19 May 2009 11:18AM

Quote:Quote:Looking at the options and from what you people with knowledge have said i will probably go for the 400 5.6 get an 1.4 extender and use that between the 400 and my 70-200 2.8

right now i have to find one at the right price

thanks all

eon

One other point that might help.
I use the Kenko pro 300 1.4X TC. I'm more than pleased with the results I get both with the 400mm F5.6 and with my Sigma 150mm. The Kenko will also fit where the Canon one will not and you'll save a few bob as well.



thanks for the info will have to read up on it
eonisuk 7 108 England
19 May 2009 11:45AM

Quote:Quote:Quote:right now i have to find one at the right priceThis any good?
herethanks for that and i saw another lens that i didn't know about a 35-350 L lens

anyone got any info on this lens



ok not the 35-350 lens as older lens



toss up between 100-400 and 400 prime

oh help
jondf 8 2.5k
19 May 2009 1:54PM

Quote:The Prinz Galaxy lens was a Dixons own brand lens produced during the 1970's, the quality will be poor to say the least, I would not bother with it.


Dixons used to brand all sorts of stuff with the Prinz label, hi-fi equipment being one of them. It was cheap and cheerful gear so I expect the lens will be a similar standard.
eonisuk 7 108 England
13 Jun 2009 10:00PM
just got back from new forest after borrowing the bosses (no not the wife) 100-400 love it now to find a good one
lgc 10 62 England
14 Jun 2009 3:51AM
try kerso hes a member on here, he has an ebay shop and his prices are the most competative , ive been checking prices for a 100-400 on the net at camerapricebuster dot co.uk, and he is still beats them.
let me know if you get one, im having the same dilemma finding a lens for my surf pics!!???
Graywolf 7 965 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2009 9:10AM
I endorse Kerso as will many here.

Competitive prices, excellent service, full guarantees.

You may find items cheaper elsewhere but BEWARE of bargains that seem 'too good to be true"

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.