Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Longleat tips please.

kathrynlouise 3 421 1 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2011 7:05PM
Hi guys. Day at Longleat tomorrow. Weather forcast not brilliant and i'm taking my bridge camera that i haven't used in a while. Roughly what ISO and aperture should i be looking at. Really want some decent shots and obviously animals like kids are abit unpredictable Tongue
All help gratefully received Grin
Kathryn

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

miptog 9 3.5k 61 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2011 7:15PM
Exposure settings really depends on the lighting at the time. f/5.6 could be a nice setting if light is poor. Get the camera lens as close to the windscreen / passenger screen as you can to avoid glass reflections, and try and steady the camera as the engine is likely to be running.

Sure a few others will offer their suggestions shortly.
Take-a-View 10 293 5 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2011 7:25PM
Try and make time to visit Heavens Gate which sits above the estate. Stunning views towards the House and also some intersting sculptures by Paul Norris

Ian
antar 7 22 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2011 8:15PM
Take it slowly going round the estate Kathryn, spend a little more time with the creatures that interest you they'll perform eventually (with luck) Grin. Check your screen frequently adjust your settings as required.
Don't spend all your time in the car, lots to photograph on foot.
have a super day.

Dave
16 Oct 2011 8:37PM
Thanks everyone. Love Lions and Tigers. We're avoiding the monkeys Tongue
sitan1 6 561 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2011 8:41PM
I went a little while ago and got some shots I was very pleased with especially shooting through the car windows.
As mentioned keep the lens as close to the glass as possible and parrallel to it, also make sure your windows are clean, I had some funny looks in the car park as I was cleaning the car windows with windowlene and some cloths but worth it.
I kept the aperture open to the maximum my lens went to which was f/5.6 and upped the iso to 400 but you can go higher if necessary, also the VR on my lens helped loads as well.
I was using a Nikon d300s and nikon 70-300 VRII.
There is a couple of pics of the monkeys in my gallery to give you an idea of what I got from the car.
I went through twice so knew what I wanted to try and get on the second circuit.
Also theres loads of opportunity around Longleat house itself from the architecture to the butterfly house.
A great day out so have fun and don't forget to clean your windows Smile
16 Oct 2011 8:49PM
Thanks. Good, bad or different i will put some shots on here. The only way i can improve is with the help of others Grin
sitan1 6 561 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2011 8:58PM
We was lucky the monkeys left us alone and ripped apart the car in front lmao, a great show for us but not so good for them.
The thing is we wanted them on our car but I think my face scared them off Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.