Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Looking for a book on HDR

mark2uk 8 739 8 England
4 Dec 2008 7:21AM
Hi peeps,
can anyone recommend a good book on HDR photography?
I have looked through the book review section and there doesn't appear to be any.
Thanks
Mark

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2008 7:25AM
mark2uk 8 739 8 England
4 Dec 2008 7:32AM
OK I missed that one.
I searched for HDR and it didn't return any results.
Thanks
4 Dec 2008 8:07AM
Seems to me that HDR is very much like sex. You can read up on it but you only get good at it by getting stuck in and experimenting yourself. Have a look at the HDRsoft web site, there's quite a bit of techy stuff on there, plus you can download a trial version of Photomatix Pro to play about with.
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
4 Dec 2008 8:18AM

Quote:HDR is very much like sex. You can read up on it but you only get good at it by getting stuck in and experimenting yourself.

Dave, a seasoned practitioner, has got it down to under two minutes.
And that includes taking off his vest.

Smile
EeeZeeLee 8 197 1 England
4 Dec 2008 8:24AM
Hi Mark,
I'd go with answersonapostcard's suggestion. Just about finished reading it. Very informative - from all the geeky tech stuff to side-by-side comparisons of the main HDR programmes and tips n tricks on making HDR's yourself.
Good luck,
Ian
Martin54 e2
8 509 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2008 8:35AM
Some useful links on the HDRsoft website here including a couple of books
Martin
robdebank e2
6 164 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2008 8:41AM

Quote:from the recommended HDRI Manual - HDR is fast becoming the most talked about aspect of digital photography

It's also becoming the most over used, as well. A bit like Solarization and Posturization was, when they first became popular with the Camera Club fraternity. You couldn't blink, without out having a Solarized print thrust at you. More often than not, the same print would normally have been destined for the waste bin.

Use HDR to enhance an already good photograph, but avoid using it for it's own sake.

You only need to look at some of the efforts in here, to realise that HDR is not a magic wand to creativity.

Good luck.
robdebank e2
6 164 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2008 8:43AM

Quote: Dave, a seasoned practitioner, has got it down to under two minutes.

Boyd - Is there a book that you can recommenced ? or even better, a video ;o)
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
4 Dec 2008 8:57AM
Yes Boyd, I'm looking for a book on harmonica playing; Blues, Folk, Jazz, and Rock.

Just saw, and heard, your favourite singer on the Jay Leno show; My God, he looks different with that silly beard, and he even sounds different. Hadn't seen him for ages.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.