Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Looking for a trustworthy professional E6 lab in the UK

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

photoworks
photoworks  12317 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Aug 2011 - 12:20 PM

I was wondering if you guys would know a good professional E6 processing lab to send my slides films.

I don't mean the small mom and pop shop that do the occasional E6 processing or the so-called professional lab out there.

I am looking for the real deal : a consistent and trustworthy professional lab that I can trust to send my films to (mostly 35 mm but also 4x5 inch E6 film).

I have been recently let down my a so-called professional lab in scotland too many times so would appreciate if you guys know a good place in either Leeds, Manchester or maybe london.

Any information would be much helpful.

thanks in advance.

Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Aug 2011 - 12:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
9 Aug 2011 - 1:26 PM

Peak Imaging

JD

AlanTW
AlanTW  11342 forum posts
9 Aug 2011 - 1:27 PM

Peak Imaging

photoworks
photoworks  12317 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Aug 2011 - 1:41 PM

Thanks. I assume it is a professional lab ?

User_Removed
9 Aug 2011 - 1:42 PM

Have you looked at the links??

mikehit
mikehit  56489 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2011 - 1:50 PM

One Vision

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2011 - 1:50 PM

Quote: Thanks. I assume it is a professional lab ?

I used to use them when I did film processing and used to go to their lab. They went under the name Propix and Peak Processing was the mail order version. They are a full genuine 100% pro service, and not as you say a one man business offering a processing service.

Last Modified By Pete at 9 Aug 2011 - 1:50 PM
justin c
justin c  104527 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2011 - 2:30 PM

I don't know what their current situation is regarding E6 processing, but I always used to use Peak Imaging or Metro Colour Lab and was always happy with either company.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96311 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2011 - 2:32 PM

When I stopped doing my own developing and had some issues with my "local" labs I used Peak Imaging for a couple of years ....... The only downside I was used to one hour turnaround ( myself ) or two hours from local labs... but then again a couple of days wait was not too critical.

Also, I will probably be using them for any printing having tried out several "online" labs but Peak were the easiest to use, best quality and quickest.

Andysnapper
Andysnapper e2 Member 6101 forum postsAndysnapper vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2011 - 10:30 AM

I've been using Club 35 for a few months now and they have been very impressive.

Andy

thefizz
thefizz  10353 forum posts
11 Aug 2011 - 1:34 PM

http://www.photech.co.uk/

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
15 Oct 2011 - 11:56 PM

Used Peak Imaging for years with no problems - still use them for any slide film I shoot with no complaints.

Ian.

PRPhotography

ProAm in Bradford offer 1 hour turnaround plus they do A3 printing at remarkable low costs with very high quality printing. I used to use them for processing 120/220 film they charged 2.50 foe just processing only. Well worth a look at their Website

pentaxpete
7 Nov 2011 - 9:46 AM

PR Photography --- I went to ProAm web-site and they do NOT do E6 --they have to send it out and the bloke said it would cost 20 to 30 !!! ( Cheaper to buy a kit and do it yourself ! - so don't know where you got that 2-50 a roll for E6 from !!! SadSadSad

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
15 Nov 2011 - 9:14 PM

I've used 'The Darkroom' for 35mm slides in the past, prices were reasonable.

Here

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.