Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Looking for help

Ia1n 4 1 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2011 6:48PM
Have decided to move from Olympus dslr to a nikon , having trouble deciding which one would be best suited for wiidlife and landscape . The ones i have looked are d300s and the d7000, have read the a replacement for the d300s is going to be quite soon , is it better to buy the d300s or the d7000 or wait and see the new ones first . Many advice would be great . ps. i'm going to buy Fx lenes with the camera i buy

cheers ,

Iain

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
1 Sep 2011 9:20PM
Buy a camera. Any camera...

And almost immediately - be disappointed. (Damn!! They replaced it!!)

The D300s is superb.

Buy it and be confident that it will 'deliver' - 100%.

It's successor has little room for improvement outside of increased sensor size (so what!??) or improved high ISO performance (discuss - after actually looking at what you actually shoot 90% of the time Wink)

There is a consensus of opinion that Nikon are NOT about to replace the current series of bodies....

Buy now (Prices are excellent) - and start enjoying your photography.

Wink
RogBrown e2
7 3.0k 10 England
1 Sep 2011 9:30PM
What do you hope to gain by changing from Olympus to Nikon? Apart from smart-ass comments from Canon owners. Smile
Ia1n 4 1 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2011 1:42PM
Looking to up grade from e520 and kit lenes , I have saved money to buy better camera and lenes but moving away from olympus as it looks very likely that they are not going to make any new dslr . The reason i'm looking at Nikon and not Canon is that after handleing both the Nikon's felt more comfortable in my hand

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.