Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Looking for Models

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Caroline13
    23 Jul 2011 - 9:02 PM

I am looking for models to practice my studio photography with. I have my own studio in a spare room at home but just need some willing participants to help me try to perfect my newly found skills. I am willing to this for free in exchange for models and the only cost will be for the paper and ink for printing the pictures.
    Please e-mail me at carolinebowling@live.co.uk for further information.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Jul 2011 - 9:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
    23 Jul 2011 - 9:07 PM

You're going to charge the models for the prints?

Your pf's not much of a recommendation.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 23 Jul 2011 - 9:08 PM
    Caroline13
    23 Jul 2011 - 9:21 PM

Thanks for the advice, I understand what you mean and I am new to working with Models, I will print pictures off free of charge to help build both our portfolios.

User_Removed
    23 Jul 2011 - 9:36 PM

Quote: Your pf's not much of a recommendation.

What PF?

LOL!! Wink

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72277 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jul 2011 - 9:43 PM

Hi Caroline,
    there is a much easier way to do this kind of collaboration, which is known as TFCD, which means Time for CD(a disc containing images from the shoot).
    Model Mayhem
    Pure Storm

Above links are to industry websites, where models, photographers, MUA's, Stylists etc can arrange shoot and work together.
    Join up and then look for models who are prepared to trade for a CD(TFDC).
    Good luck.

Caroline13
    23 Jul 2011 - 10:23 PM

Thanks arhb that's more than helpfull.

and as for other peoples comments on my LACK of pf, i have only just started !!!!!

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jul 2011 - 11:02 PM

Oh I hate this.
    No PF & no details.

We don't want someone's post code, but a county would be a helpful

Jestertheclown
    23 Jul 2011 - 11:10 PM

Quote: i have only just started !!!!!

. . . only nearly a year and a half ago. Smile

saturns
    saturns  951 forum posts
    23 Jul 2011 - 11:17 PM

I've used ModelMayhem a few times and found it a useful way to meet models and network in the industry. It can be frustrating trying to organise a shoot as you get some who don't turn up etc, but overall its a good resource. All levels from beginner upwards are on there.

Caroline13
    23 Jul 2011 - 11:51 PM

Tomcat........ Romford OK

Jestertheclown, signed up over a year ago but only just starting to use the site. hope that answers your question.

Thanks saturn for that info, and thanks for being one of the helpfull people instead of a nitpicker !!

canon_stu
    canon_stu  11140 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2011 - 1:07 AM

Your best bet if you are just starting out with model photography is to go hire a good experienced model from an agency or a website like model mayhem who knows what to do and what looks good for the camera, and who actually will teach you more than some inexperienced tfp model who is also just starting out, where probably both of you then wont have a clue and will leave you feeling disillusioned at the images you will produce together. Or even ask a photographer local to you if you can stand in on a shoot or two to see how they operate, most will probably deny you this one though. The most important part of it all though is learning your lights, if you are lacking on the lighting skills and lighting models badly or incorrectly no matter how good the model is the images will look inferior, at the end of the day its your job to make them look the best they can be.

studioline
    24 Jul 2011 - 9:35 AM

Having started out in model photography in a very similar way I would recommend that you just practice on friends. The chances of a friend being annoyed with you is less than that of a model (even tfcd) if it all goes horribly wrong and the images are not good. Models do invariably expect great images from a shoot regardless of who is doing it. Now if you are paying for a model, such as canon_stu, has suggested, then that is a different story. Paid models should be made aware that the images may not be made available to them (stops the pressure and embarrassment if it all goes wrong.

hope that helps.

JamesGarfield
    24 Jul 2011 - 10:19 AM

Some good advice above, also try Starnow for sourcing models. I left Purestorm as I found it not to be a very nice place, you may have better luck. Do expect to be messed around when booking models for TFCD shoots, it seems to be the nature of the beast. Remember that it's likely that an experienced model will not be interested in working with you unless you're paying or they like your work and feel you can add something to their PF. As above starting with friends is good, I did the same but working with someone with no experience is difficult but it'll give you chance to learn your lighting. Stick at it, it's difficult to start with but hopefully you'll earn a solid reputation and then the work will start finding you.

BigRick
    BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2011 - 8:20 PM

facebook... tfcd.... make them aware that it is experimentation with new equipment.... have fun.

oh yeah.... and expect at least 80% of them to say they will do it, and then be a no show on the day.

.... or as above.... pay someone, and tell them that there may be no photos at the end of the shoot, as it is a trial with new equipment.

Last Modified By BigRick at 24 Jul 2011 - 8:21 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.