Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Looking to replace my old D50

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JamesKingPhotography

I've had my trusty Nikon D50 for many years but I'm now looking to trade her in for a newer model! Has to be a Nikon due to all the lenses I have. Budget is no more than 800 really. Any suggestions? I'd be using it for wildlife & equestrian photography.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Sep 2012 - 2:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    29 Sep 2012 - 2:37 PM

For that money, Shirley, I think you are talking about either a nearly-new D7000 or a slightly older D300/D300s. The latter would leave you with more change in your pocket - maybe enough to add a battery grip or suchlike. You would not go wrong with either. Another option might be a D90.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 29 Sep 2012 - 2:40 PM
    photozen48
    29 Sep 2012 - 3:07 PM

My wife upgraded my D50 that I had used for four years or so to a new D5100 as a birthday present. Great camera, love it. Swivel screen is particularly useful for macro or tripod use and folds out of the way when shooting streets or whatever and you don't want to keep being distracted by looking at the last image taken - using it like when we used to use film cameras. Might even leave enough cash to take it on a trip.

Good luck

Newdevonian
    29 Sep 2012 - 4:15 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-D7000-Digital-Camera-16-2MP/dp/B00437RK7C/ref=sr_1...

and you will have change for the 35mm F1.8G

User_Removed
    29 Sep 2012 - 5:17 PM

At a price like that Amazon one for the D7000, you really can't look past it. Remember that you can't AF with all Nikon lenses on the D5100, only those with integral motors.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122191 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2012 - 5:51 PM

That is a terrific price!

JamesKingPhotography

Thanks for the advice. The D7000 looks like the answer. I use Sigma lenses on my D50 at the moment, so hopefully should be ok.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62426 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    1 Oct 2012 - 6:23 PM

The D7000 is currently no more than 700 new http://www.camerapricebuster.com/Nikon_D7000_Body_pc.html

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.