Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lost

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 11:26 AM

In the last couple of weeks I have lost a Lee Filters Nd filter and a Hahnel remote cable while out on Baslow Edge.

What's the most expensive thing you lost?

What tips do you have to stop stuff falling out of bags when you're doing shoots?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Oct 2012 - 11:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 11:34 AM

Oh dear, losing things like that Pete, it will be your marbles next Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315241 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 11:41 AM

I once left an Olympus Trip in a field, it was several days before I`d noticed it missing.

When I returned to the field to look for it I found the field had just been ploughed.

Found it after a search, half buried in mud, I still use it.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315241 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 11:51 AM

Quote: What tips do you have to stop stuff falling out of bags when you're doing shoots?

Have set pockets for different items.

Metalhead
Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 11:53 AM

Quote: Found it after a search, half buried in mud, I still use it.

Brilliant story. Glad you still use it after the ordeal it had gone through!

Not photography related at all, but I lost my wedding ring while clearing snow off my car at work a couple of winters ago! I spent 3 hours that night scraping through the snow 'til I couldn't feel my fingers, then I had to leave not knowing if I'd ever find it again.

I resumed the search the next morning, pouring buckets of hot water on to the snow to try and melt as much as I could. Finally after about 4 hours, just as it started to snow heavily again and I was about to give in completely, I found it stuck in a clump of ice! I couldn't believe it! I've never felt so relieved in my life!

Slightly back on track, I found a UV filter up on Kinder Scout last summer! If anyone thinks they lost one there, give me a shout! Grin Don't think it was anything expensive or fancy, before anyone asks!

Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9361 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
23 Oct 2012 - 11:54 AM

I lost a Cokin polarizer. Not a huge amount value wise but annoying all the same..... oh and many years ago i lost a tripod!

Last Modified By Umberto_Vanni at 23 Oct 2012 - 11:55 AM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 12:00 PM

Quote: oh and many years ago i lost a tripod!

How do you lose a tripod??? lol

Paul Morgan
23 Oct 2012 - 12:02 PM

I lost a push bike once.

Cycled down to my local for a pint, had one to many, forgot I took the bike and walked home Smile

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122252 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 12:05 PM

I took my glasses of in the middle of a field whilst shooting butterflies and put them somewhere safe. After chasing around the little critters for half an hour I suddenly remembered the glasses.... but not where I'd laid them down. Similarly lost a walking pole.

Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9361 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
23 Oct 2012 - 12:17 PM

Quote: oh and many years ago i lost a tripod!
How do you lose a tripod??? lol

It was strapped to my camera bag and the straps came loose. I was in thick undergrowth at the time and didn't hear it fall. It wasn't too expensive so didn't bother going back to look for it Smile

Paul Morgan
23 Oct 2012 - 12:18 PM

I`d love to be the fly on the wall at the London undergrounds lost property office, lol the stuff that gets handed in Smile

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
23 Oct 2012 - 12:18 PM

I lost a pair of glasses once, too. I was working on some landscape shots beside Loch Tulla, just north of Bridge of Orchy and took my specs off as I had never got used to wearing them while looking through the viewfinder. When I finished, I got back in the car and started to drive north towards Rannoch Moor and Glen Coe...and suddenly realised that I didn't have my glasses! Cue hasty about-turn and a careful search for a specific heather plant on which I remembered putting them - funny how similar heather plants look when you get to comparing them! I found them, so in the end it wasn't a problem.

And a few years later, a routine eye test showed that I no longer needed glasses, so now I don't bother with them at all! Smile

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 12:27 PM

I once lost a lens cap in a field at Ardingly during an international youth festival there.

Not a big deal, and I forgot about it.

Three years later one of our local Leaders presented me with the Yashica lens cap "I think that this must be yours" she said.

Apparently she had found it in the same field at another youth festival there.

My lens cap or just coincidence?

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 12:45 PM

For some reason I seem to come away with more equipment than I went with, quite often when the public has gone home one of the members of the groups im with seeing a lens cap, sun shade ect will ask if its mine, I hand them into the event organiser in most cases but still seem to end up with loads of lens caps.
Waterproof covers are another faverite

Willpower
Willpower  3187 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Oct 2012 - 1:45 PM

Whilst on holiday in Ireland I was photographing Dunseverick Castle. And lost the keys to my rented car. If anyone knows the location they will know that the steeply sloping rough ground is covered in long tussock grass.

dunseverick.jpg

I was by myself and it was late afternoon. At the end I was using a torch. After 4 hours searching I found them and collapsed exhausted and very chastened.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.