Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lost

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
davidcollins
davidcollins e2 Member 9103 forum postsdavidcollins vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 8:47 PM

one with pain in it now and swimming with wellies onSadout taking photos during the winter a few years ago i lost a good axe.
had set up at the fall but the left side had clutter with small branches so went to cut them down .
there was a big tree trunk to put my knee on yup wrong as soon as i swung the axe and put said knee on tree.
head over heel in to the water .then tree lands on me trying to take me deeper into the dark water managed to turn round and get out from under it.
got to dry land and i know that i had paniced took of tshirt cuts and bruises on arms, legs and some sctratches.
then i thought i was swinging the axe at the time turned round to my daughter you was with me to ask if my back was bleeding.
yes was the reply and the is a hole toSad
lost a good axe that winter but found it the next springGrin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Oct 2012 - 8:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
23 Oct 2012 - 10:20 PM

I just remembered - I walked off and left my camera bag in a phone box once. It had all my gear in it, except for the camera around my neck, so extra lenses, second camera body, filters, all the usual stuff. I don't know how I came to forget it - I wasn't old enough back then for it to have been a "senior moment".

It was still there when I returned though, and completely untouched. After all, the phone box in question was in a remote village in the Highlands. I could probably have left the bag there for a week without any problem.

losbarbados
23 Oct 2012 - 10:32 PM

I lost a car once.
A similar story to Paul Morgan, went to the pub got very drunk. Went to the local cafe the following morning for breakfast and bumped into the pub landlord who told me he took my keys off me the night before. Went to the pub to pick up the keys later that day, asked him if he knew where the car was - he didn't. It turned up outside a mates house about 3 hours later thanks to an answer phone message which I picked up just before reporting it to the police as stolen.

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2012 - 12:18 AM

Lost my car in the Gyle Car Park in Edinburgh, had to wait till everyone left to find it Smile

Next day I did it again....

Next day I came out after lunch and thought DUH I did it again.. but had left the car at work...

After that I just walked..

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2012 - 12:37 AM

Quote: After that I just walked..

I'm not surprised! Grin

User_Removed
24 Oct 2012 - 9:26 AM

I (We) lost a helicopter while in the Armed Forces back in 1982 ish.
Had a call in ops to say that due to servere vibrations, the pilot had to put the aircraft on the ground asap. In the limited time he had, he chose a school playing field, much to the amusement of the endless number of kids who whitnessed the somewhat, sudden appearence of a big noisey thing from the sky.
Me and two work mates jumped into another helicopter and were flown to where he was reported to be. Searched the area for about 10 minutes and then started laughing when we saw the pilot trying to keep about 250 kids away from the aircraft and more to the point, removing 'Bits' off of it!!!

We solved the vibro problem and returned to base but not before every single kid had a turn sitting in the front and playing with the stick. We also handed out some stickers the Navigator had stashed in the back so they were more than happy with their unplanned visit from 32 Sqn.
With a couple of teachers present, it did give me the chance to give that old one liner when one of them asked me "How often do these crash"? "Only once" I replied!!! She didn't even crack a smile. Sad

With that, we vanished into the sky and were back at base for Tea and medals within the hour. Happy days. Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 24 Oct 2012 - 9:29 AM
janeez
janeez e2 Member 61182 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2012 - 10:14 AM

What a wonderful story and those children had a real treat that day. I'll bet they've never forgotten the day the helicopter landed in the playground. I wonder how many still have their stickers? Grin

Last Modified By janeez at 24 Oct 2012 - 10:14 AM
User_Removed
24 Oct 2012 - 11:45 AM

I won't forget Jane, that's for sure. Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 24 Oct 2012 - 11:45 AM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64375 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2012 - 5:04 PM

I lost my car once. I'd parked in a side road while I went down the market but then couldn't find it anywhere. I looked up and down the street about 5 times then got the bus home and reported it to the police. They called me about 15 minutes later to say they'd found it. In the next street up. Duh, did I feel stupid.

Lost my first G9 in Rick Stein's restaurant in Padstow. I know what happened. I thought I'd put it in my bag but I must have missed the bag and just laid it on the seat by mistake. An old miserable couple then sat next to us and later we just left. I rang the restaurant as soon as we got back to the hotel but it was nowhere to be found. I bet that grisly old bag nicked it. And I had a lovely picture of Chalky in it as well. Sad My second G9 got nicked from home. I've now got a G11 which hasn't yet been lost or nicked. Fingers crossed. Smile

bainsybike
24 Oct 2012 - 6:29 PM

I used to play in a professional orchestra. Once we had a concert in a Lake District town. We arrived in a coach at the concert venue for the afternoon rehearsal, and the driver went off to park the coach while we (the orchestra) rehearsed. After the concert in the evening, we went to get on the coach, but there was no sign of it. After a while the driver appeared on foot. He'd lost the coach - couldn't remember where he parked it! We had to send out a search party - took us about half an hour to find it.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
24 Oct 2012 - 7:12 PM

I lost a Canon Ixus 100 somewhere between Portland Oregon, Seattle, Washington and Heathrow. I think it fell out of my laptop bag in the overhead locker, never turned up.
It took an age for the insurance company to accept I owned it, despite me having all the bits for it. They were a bit shocked when I said "If I was going to scam you for a camera, it would be a 5D not an Ixus"... Wink

(5D is still going strong)

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2012 - 8:44 PM

Quote: I lost a Canon Ixus 100 somewhere between Portland Oregon, Seattle, Washington and Heathrow.

Lucky Escape for You Big Bri and lets spare a thought for the Poor Soul that found itTongueWinkSmileGrinSad

User_Removed
25 Oct 2012 - 7:22 AM

After getting home from a shoot on a Devon, I couldn't find by small box of filters and assumed I'd left them on a rock where I'd been. I raced back to find the tide was well in and no hope of getting them back.

When we arrived back home from the holiday, I rang the insurance company and made a claim.
It wasn't untill a week later, I was clearing out the car boot and there, under my coat were the filters....
............yes, the one's I hadn't lost at all! I now have two sets of filters.

Anyone want to buy a box of filters? Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 25 Oct 2012 - 7:23 AM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2012 - 1:51 PM

Quote: I rang the insurance company and made a claim.
It wasn't untill a week later, I was clearing out the car boot and there, under my coat were the filters....
............yes, the one's I hadn't lost at all! I now have two sets of filters

Interesting point here. Does anyone know what is the position as regards goods recovered after an insurance claim? A chum of mine just had his rather pricey bicycle stolen and has made an insurance claim.

The bike had all the recommended security markings and more besides. Although recovery is perhaps unlikely, it is not totally impossible. What is the position on insurance if the police manage to find it?

Incidentally the same friend had a sundial stolen from his garden a few years ago. The police took it very seriously and sent a squad car down and, after a local search, found the said sundial in someone else's garden! So he might be lucky again. Grin

bainsybike
25 Oct 2012 - 2:01 PM

Quote: Does anyone know what is the position as regards goods recovered after an insurance claim?

Not absolutely sure, but I think the insurance company become the owners of the lost/stolen/damaged goods on settlement of the claim.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.