Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

lost automatic fill-ins when uploading image to ePZ

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CarolG
    CarolG e2 Member 7128 forum postsCarolG vcard Greece16 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jun 2010 - 9:50 AM

Why is it that when I upload my pics, where it asks for camera, I used to simply type 'o' and olympus FE-210 automatically came up.
    Also, when I send a private message, I now have to type the full name, instead of just the first letter.
    I have re-set the settings on Internet Explorer, as advised by ePZ, but still the same.
    Any suggestions, please?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Jun 2010 - 9:50 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jun 2010 - 10:17 AM

In Internet Explorers " Options " make sure you have the option called " Use In-line Autocomplete " checked.

Some security softwares can disable this, But normally they advise you or at least offer the option.

To find IE options, Go to IE " Properties " select " Advanced " then scroll down to the Use In-Line AutoComplete option, Check the box next to it, OK that and apply....Smile

Job Done......Grin

Last Modified By cameracat at 18 Jun 2010 - 10:17 AM
    CarolG
    CarolG e2 Member 7128 forum postsCarolG vcard Greece16 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jun 2010 - 11:32 AM

Many thanks for the suggestion. I have followed the instructions, made sure the box was ticked (which it wasn't), closed and re-opend the pc, and it's still the same!!

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
    18 Jun 2010 - 11:58 AM

Try typing it in and submit, then try again and it should be there. It's a feature of your browser that remembers what you have previously entered in an edit control with that name. Either you cleared your cache, or EPZ renamed the edit control.

CarolG
    18 Jun 2010 - 1:00 PM

I've tried many times to type various names in the private message box, but nothing comes up.

cameracat
    18 Jun 2010 - 1:05 PM

Quote: closed and re-opend the pc, and it's still the same

For sure, Its as Big Bri has said, The reason you lost it in the first place was because the " Cache " ( basically memory of such details ) has been cleared, Because the box in " Autocomplete was " Unticked......Sad

So now as Big Bri has also said, You will have to start all over again, But from now on any entries you make, Will be remembered for the next time.....Smile

Be carefull when clearing Internet History etc, This is where you may have deleated the last entries.....Wink

CarolG
    18 Jun 2010 - 1:07 PM

I have typed a person's name in the message box, sent them a message, then tried to send them another message, and still the same problem, their name did not automatically appear.

CarolG
    18 Jun 2010 - 1:09 PM

Out of interest, I have downloaded a 60 day free trial of Norton 2010 antivirus. Could this be the problem? I wouldn't have thought so, but it is the only thing I have downloaded recently.

cameracat
    18 Jun 2010 - 2:40 PM

Quote: I have downloaded a 60 day free trial of Norton 2010 antivirus

I would suspect a full security suite ie: Anti Virus & Internet Security, But not just an AV program.

Should have asked earlier.....Sad What Operating System are you running....? ? ?

And have you done a computer " Restart " since activating the In line Autocomplete....? ? ? Worth a try if not.

Grin

CarolG
    18 Jun 2010 - 2:42 PM

Yes, re-started the pc a couple of times.
    I am using Windows 7

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.