Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lost files on SD card

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 945 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    11 May 2011 - 9:18 PM

Anyone got any clues out there.....when the SD card is in the camera the screen says full (which I understand to be correct as I filled the SD card with shots). When I view on the camera it says "no files exist"

On the PC the folder shows as empty and no images.

Any ideas for free software download to recover the files. One minute they were there, next they were gone Tongue

HELP...please

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 May 2011 - 9:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BEVZED
    BEVZED e2 Member 71139 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
    11 May 2011 - 9:21 PM

Zero Assumption Recovery (ZAR), was a freebie that I've used often (laptop crashes!) and found allsorts I'd forgotten about as well as a few treasures that I thought were gone forever

mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 945 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    11 May 2011 - 9:24 PM

Is it a trusted software or would I be better taking it into the likes of Jessops or N.E Other photo shop?

franken
    franken e2 Member 113061 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    12 May 2011 - 9:06 AM

Bit of a strange one Mike. You could right click the folder on the pc and click on properties. This will tell you how many files are actually in it.

Ken

Metalhead
    Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    12 May 2011 - 9:31 AM

Have a Google for "Recuva" from piriform. (No, they don't do anti-allergy products before you ask! Grin ) That's a great freebie for recovering files from cards.

I'd probably try that, or ZAR mentioned above, see what you can retrieve from the card, if anything, then format it in camera and start again.

Has the card been used in anything else? Always a good idea to format a card in the device it will be used in when you want to clear it of its contents.

Hope that helps.

BEVZED
    BEVZED e2 Member 71139 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
    12 May 2011 - 9:48 AM

I've been safe enough with it as far as I know, scan scan and scan again before installing. (My crashes were motherboard and drive, well known with the particular HP job I had, no problems with the Toshiba.) There were a few recommendations on some older threads, I'll see if I can find 'em

mikesmith
    16 May 2011 - 8:48 PM

Thanks for all your help folks...got image recall 5 and they're all there and soon to be recovered
    Mike

taylorose
    taylorose  3
    9 Jun 2011 - 3:21 AM

Recuva and ZAR are nice. you can also use Card Data Recovery. but you have to pay $19.95 to get it. however, it is professional photo recovery program.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.