Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lost Photos?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Lucian
    Lucian  4561 forum posts
    27 Apr 2012 - 6:10 PM

I have lost some photos. I went in to photoshop just to get a question mark symbol on the thumbnails of the photos i wanted to view. I then looked on my hdd where the photos should have been and they are gone for some reason. I dont know if i can re-instate them because i dont know where they are.
    I dont know what memory card i used to take the photos as all my cards have been formatted since i took the photos and some have been used on other jobs.
    Is there anyway of finding the deleted files on my computer and bringing them back on to the hard drive or is there any way i can recover them from a formatted cf card. If anyone could help that would be good.

Thanks
    l

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Apr 2012 - 6:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd
    Boyd  1111213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Apr 2012 - 6:17 PM

Here they are...

...or you could try a search of your drives providing you remember what you called the images.

perkyjude
    perkyjude  346 forum posts England11 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Apr 2012 - 6:20 PM

Have you looked in your bin? Do you know the names of any of the files? you could do a search for the name - click on start and type in what you are looking for. Depending on how many files you have is it worth searching the file type - like TIF or Jpeg and finding all of that type of file to see if they are there. I am no computer whizz and you have probably already done this but I thought I would throw those in just incase you haven't. Good luck - Jude

Lucian
    Lucian  4561 forum posts
    27 Apr 2012 - 6:21 PM

I downlaoded the photos on to my hdd. I dragged the photos i wanted in to a folder and edited the ones i wanted to and saved them in a seperate folder in my hdd as jpgs. That folder of jpgs is still their but all the raw files seem to have disappeared and i think i have deleted them by mistake so dont know if i can re-instate them in any way as they have been deleted.

franken
    franken e2 Member 123182 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Apr 2012 - 6:37 PM

A lesson I learned a long time ago is to never have a single copy of any files.

I never format a memory card until I've archived images(Raw/Jpeg/PSD etc) onto a separate hard drive and or burned them onto DVD's.

Ken

Last Modified By franken at 27 Apr 2012 - 6:39 PM
    Lucian
    Lucian  4561 forum posts
    27 Apr 2012 - 6:41 PM

I have a friend who is in to computers and he says that even although the photos have been deleted from the hdd they may be able to be recovered if i buy some software online so i am taking my computer to his house tomorrow to see if he can fix things.

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Apr 2012 - 8:10 PM

I have a friend who has a camera and reckons he can do a wedding Wink

RogBrown
    RogBrown  73006 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Apr 2012 - 8:40 PM

Try PC Inspector Smart Recovery. It's free. It recovered stuff on one of my cards that had been over-written many times.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.