Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lots of Blue on my Epson 1290s

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    drfb
    drfb  11 United Kingdom
    12 Mar 2003 - 9:44 PM

I've just purchased a 1290 to replace my very old Epson Stylus Phto (yep the original one) - hooked it all up - I'm having big issues with the prints - I have some scanned images from the Alps - lots of snow / blue sky etc.. Basically the blues come out purple and the whites seem to come out blue - any ideas anyone? I've tried many of the colour settings etc but not getting anywher at the moment

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Mar 2003 - 9:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

J-P
    J-P  11396 forum posts
    13 Mar 2003 - 12:22 AM

Loads of possibilities:

What scanner? What ink? What paper? What colour space ?

Are these files you have printed before ?

PHD
    PHD  12116 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Mar 2003 - 8:32 AM

My friend has a similar problem, still unresolved. His scanner is a Nikon Coolscan 3, Photoshop 7, Colour Space Adobe RGB 1998, Ilford Galerie Paper (Glossy Film is specified) Ink is standard Epson.

RobMarriott
    13 Mar 2003 - 1:32 PM

I am no expert on the 1290, but would suggest that these tests are used to isolate the issue to either faulty printer, driver or photo. I assume that the correct printer drivers are installed.

Have you tried to print a test page to check the printer itself - either from Epson printer management software or Windows, having cleaned the heads a couple of times? If the colours are wrong, then I would suspect the print head and get a replacment printer.

If these are ok, then does a standard image or web page print ok? If yes, then there is something wrong the scanned images or the way that they are being passed to the printer or a faulty cable?

Good luck!

drfb
    drfb  11 United Kingdom
    13 Mar 2003 - 1:37 PM

Scanner is Canon FS4000 - straight into Photoshop Elements - I have printed out before on my old Epson Stylus Photo and it looked fine - it is only since Iadded the 1290 that things have gone pear shaped (well blue/purple) - paper is Jessops photo glossy (same as when I had good results) - ink is that supplied in the box with printer -

Nightmare!

richiev4
    richiev4  1126 forum posts
    13 Mar 2003 - 5:41 PM

Hi, I have an Epson 830 and just thought it would be worth trying some genuine Epson paper, this way there is no room for error in the printer set up, if all goes well than it may be the paper causing the problem, I have had some trouble with differing colour on 3rd party papers and now only use Epson paper.

Hope this helps

ella
    ella  1143 forum posts
    19 Mar 2003 - 3:19 PM

I have had horizontal banding problems with my epson 830 (see other thread in this forum 830 v 925) and have now exchanged it. Unfortunately the new one is also faulty, however I do have to say that Epson were incredibly helpful and may be a good route to try. 08705 133 640 for warranty support.

Little Jo
    Little Jo e2 Member 122272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
    19 Mar 2003 - 10:02 PM

Banding is usually caused by the print heads needing a clean, or not having the correct media setting.

While you get to know a new printer, it's always worthwile using the manufacturer's own media. Epson do a good range of papers and it does mean you start with a combination that is likely to work.

Also look out for tests of various papers in magazines - some papers are better than others and will be better suited to certain makes of printer.

Jo

ella
    ella  1143 forum posts
    19 Mar 2003 - 10:18 PM

This is a new printer with new cartridges printing on Epson paper which was supplied in the sample pack with it. I have taken the second one back to PC world today and they were unable to resolve the problem either. They have now removed their stock from sale as they suspect a faulty batch. (Epson suggested this)

Meanwhile - went to ASDA and bought another 830 hoping from a different batch. Same problem so now I have run out of ideas.

Help - anyone??????

The problem does not occur on mono prints printed by all ink colours. It only occurs when "black ink only" is selected. It is worse at higher resoloutions, it does not happen to solid black, only darker greys.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.