Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Loxley bellissimo book.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Bluke
    Bluke  9303 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi Guys....Not sure if this has been asked before...I am thinking of changing from Blurb to Bellissimo for some of the cheeper wedding books, I seem to think the Bellissimo books have like cardboard pages...""well that what it looks like on the web""any advice would be very welcome...
    Cheers Barbara

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Feb 2012 - 12:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91031 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2012 - 1:08 PM

I think you'll find the Bellissimo books are a lot more expensive than the equivalent Blurb books. I think the type of page also depends on which album you choose. For example, the 'Classico' has pages which are 'flush mounted and the prints are available on traditional photographic paper or a choice of 4 press-printed papers; art watercolour, art watercolour ivory, standard pearlescent and oyster pearlescent'. Contrasted with the 'Apertura' which is a matted overlay album with a smaller choice of papers which seems more in keeping with what you have described. I've never seen a Bellissimo album in the flesh, but I've heard they are very good.

Bluke
    21 Feb 2012 - 1:29 PM

Thanks for taking the time Stuart..... One of my clients has chosen 96 photos to go in her book.. so it looks like this time I will stick to Blurb as the price is not bad for that many pics......
    Regards Barbara

scottishphototours

Barbara

We now done over 300 Bellissimo albums and they are hugely popular, beautifully made and very adaptable.

The main pages are about 3mm thick card with the pages bonded to this core. They come in various sizes and layouts and we generally do a 25-page book and get around 120 images in various sizes across that size. The art papers are a welcome addition but I've never used any of them. Comparing Belissimmo and Blurb is like comparing a Bentley and a VW - no comparison!!

Bluke
    21 Feb 2012 - 4:03 PM

Thanks "Scottish" now it might be worth getting a small on to have a look at.....they do look good on their site.....thanks for taking time.....Wink..
    regards Barbara

Last Modified By Bluke at 21 Feb 2012 - 4:03 PM
    scottishphototours

They do samples at 40% off...call and ask Customer Services - they're very helpful...

Bluke
    22 Feb 2012 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for the advice......Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.