Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

LR 4 with Loxley colour profile assistance please

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Camairish
    Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
    23 Nov 2013 - 5:29 PM

Hi, I have the Loxley colour profile downloaded as I aim to send a bunch of files to them for printing. My monitor is calibrated and I'm using Lightroom 4. Is anyone able to give me a brief idiot's guide as to soft proofing to get the image (as seen through the Loxley profile) to match the original on my screen. The main thing I need is advice on how to save the adjusted image for sending to Loxley.
    Many thanks,
    Ian.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Nov 2013 - 5:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96108 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Nov 2013 - 6:00 PM

Quote: The main thing I need is advice on how to save the adjusted image for sending to Loxley.
    Many thanks,

As soon as you start to make adjustments in soft proofing mode a dialogue box pops up

sp1.jpg

I suggest you choose the default option and make a proof copy, when it does this the chosen profile is added to the filename.
    In this example it is one from DS Colour but I assume yours will indicate Loxley.

sp2.jpg

Continue to make your adjustments and use this proof copy to send to Loxley via LR's print module, where you will have to select the profile again.

sp3.jpg

Camairish
    24 Nov 2013 - 7:03 PM

Thanks for that JJGEE - I'll give that a try.
    Ian.

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 81822 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2013 - 9:20 AM

You should probably be careful not to convert to the printer profile, Ian, as Loxley are not colour-managed as far as I know. An embedded printer profile might just ruin the colour (ironically), so sending sRGB is safer.

Camairish
    30 Nov 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Glenn - I did that. Have had some test prints back using their profile and working on soft proofs in LR and must say I'm very pleased with the results.
    Thanks for the help guys.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.